Sprint Offers Quick Access To 3G And 4G Networks With New USB Modem
Sprint announced a new USB modem called the Sprint 3G/4G Plug-in Connect USB that features a compact design and provides access to Sprint’s 3G and 4G networks in one click. The modem requires no software installation and you won’t have to wait for an application to load to use the connection; the Sprint 3G/4G Plug-in Connect USB works just like an Ethernet cable. The Sprint 3G/4G Plug-in Connect USB is available for free with a contract and after a rebate. Customers can also opt to purchase the modem and use a pay-as-you-go plan. Day, week, and monthly passes are available.
Sprint 3G/4G Plug-in-Connect USB Available to Sprint Customers March 11
Available beginning March 11, Sprint 3G/4G Plug-in-Connect provides
flexibility and quick access to Sprint 3G and 4G networks
Beginning, Sunday, March 11, Sprint 3G/4G Plug-in-Connect will be available via Sprint direct ship sales channels, including Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Telesales and online (www.sprint.com) for FREE with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement, after a $50 mail-in rebate via reward card.
With its compact design, Sprint 3G/4G Plug-in Connect USB provides flexible and easy access to the Sprint 3G and 4G networks in one click. With no computer software to install and no application to wait for, Sprint 3G/4G Plug-in Connect USB works just like an Ethernet cable, just plug-in and open the internet browser.
Get work started quickly by plugging the rotating connector into any USB port and auto-connect to Sprint’s fastest network available within seconds. Sprint 3G/4G Plug-in-Connect USB provides the convenience that mobile workers need with real-time access to company resources, networks and data.
Key Features include:
- No computer software, CD to install – just plug-in and connect
- Auto-connect to Sprint’s Mobile Broadband 3G and 4G Networks where available
- Rotating USB Connector
- 3G GPS enabled
- Supports 3G and 4G DataLink
- Supports session based billing giving customers the option to pay for data access on the Sprint 3G and 4G networks by the day, week or month with no long-term contract
- External antenna ports
- Supports Windows® 7, Windows® Vista, Windows® XP , MAC 10.5,10.6, 10.7 with Intel platform
Sprint 3G/4G Plug-in Connect USB customers have flexibility with their billing with the choice of a two-year Mobile broadband Plan or pay-as-you-go options. Sprint Mobile Broadband Plans for USB devices start at $49.99 per month for 6GB of combined on-network 3G/4G data usage (excludes taxes and surcharges)2. Customers who purchase a monthly recurring plan with a two-year contract also receive discounted device pricing. Customers who prefer not to purchase a recurring plan or sign a 2-year contract may instead purchase the device at full Suggested Retail Price (SRP) and utilize Sprint’s pay-as-you-go services.
Pay-as-you-go allows customers to pay for data access on the Sprint 3G and 4G networks by the day, week or month with no long-term contract. Customers can choose the 3G/4G Day, Week or Month pass that fits their needs:
- Day: $14.99 for 150 MB of on-network usage in a 24-hour period (includes 50 MB off-network roaming usage)
- Week: $29.99 for 500 MB of on-network usage in a 7-day period (includes 100 MB off-network roaming usage)
- Month: $49.99 for 1.5 GB of usage in a 30-day period (includes 150 MB off-network roaming usage)