Sony Ships Reader Daily Edition To Rival Nook And Kindle
The good news is that pre-orders placed through Sony's own site through December 20th should get their units before Christmas, but everyone else will likely have to wrap an IOU and hope that goes over well. It's tough to judge just how in-demand this unit will be; Barnes & Noble's Nook seems to have the buzz going its direction, with many pre-order participants having to receive a $100 "oops" payment for not meeting the original pre-Christmas shipping deadline.
Oh well, if you're fuming, at least the Daily Edition will be sitting out there just begging for your business.
• The new Reader Daily Edition is now shipping and pre-orders placed on SonyStyle.com through December 20 should begin arriving to customers’ homes before Christmas.
• The Reader Daily Edition provides wireless access to Sony’s Reader Store from most of the U.S.
• Wireless access is provided by AT&T’s 3G mobile broadband network.
• The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune are currently available on the Reader Daily Edition.
• Sony has agreements in place with a host of additional magazine and newspaper publishers that will be available soon
• The Reader Daily Edition’s seven-inch wide, full touch screen display provides intuitive navigation and comfortable layout of content, including newspapers and magazines, in portrait or landscape orientation.
For more details on the Reader Daily Edition please visit www.sonystyle.com; Sony’s online destination for book lovers - wordsmoveme.com; or the Sony Electronics Community, which includes a corporate blog, video, photos, polls and profiles.