The Vivaz is a 3G HSPA-equipped touchscreen phone that operates on the Symbian S50 5th edition platform. The phone doesn't have a hardware QWERTY keyboard, but it does offer 720p video recording through its 8.1-megapixel camera/camcorder. Other features of the phone include Wi-Fi, VGA-resolution TV output, Facebook apps, DLNA certification, face and smile detection, media player, assisted GPS, geotagging, stereo Bluetooth, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, an FM radio, and a 3.2-inch color LCD display.
The Vivaz is scheduled to be available in select markets in the first quarter.
Catch Life in HD with Sony Ericsson Vivaz
- Sony Ericsson Vivaz™ – the second installment in a new family of communication entertainment phones also introduces HD video capabilities into the portfolio
- New ‘human curvature’ design philosophy delivering beauty inside and out
- Coming to market in the first quarter of 2010
With Sony Ericsson Vivaz™ communication truly becomes entertainment with high quality HD video allowing consumers to produce and broadcast their best experiences with the latest video capture and sharing features.
- Capture - record spontaneous moments and memories in HD quality and crisp high resolution for a real-life video experience. The dedicated video key allows consumers to shoot video instantly with continuous auto focus for the perfect film every time.
- View - review video content in the standby panel or online via Wi-Fi on the 3.2 inch widescreen
- Share - upload via Wi-Fi onto YouTube™ and Picasa in high resolution while still using other features on the handset
“User-generated content, especially video, is exploding on the web,” said Lennard Hoornik, Head of Marketing, Sony Ericsson. “With Sony Ericsson Vivaz™, we have created a mobile phone that makes it easy to catch life in high quality video and upload that self expression onto the web to share with the world. Sony Ericsson Vivaz™ offers beauty inside and out with an open and intuitive user experience allowing consumers to capture, view and share their lives and spontaneity in HD quality.”
Sony Ericsson Vivaz™ features the new design philosophy ’human curvature’, first introduced with the Xperia X10, which will become a consistent feature of Sony Ericsson’s portfolio going forward. Designed to mirror the shape of the human body, and at the same time delivering a precise and compelling phone interaction, Sony Ericsson Vivaz™ is instantly recognizable.
Sony Ericsson Vivaz™
- HD video – produce and broadcast your best experiences with the latest video capture and sharing features
- Social networking – easy access to social networks such as Facebook™ and Twitter
- 8.1 megapixel camera – capture life’s moments in high quality
- Face and smile detection – a perfect picture every time
- Sony Ericsson Media Player
Sony Ericsson Vivaz™ will be available in selected markets from Q1 in the colors Moon Silver, Cosmic Black, Galaxy Blue and Venus Ruby.
Log on to The Sony Ericsson Product Blog for more information: http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products