Samsung Galaxy S8 Series Preorders Surge Past Galaxy S7 Predecessor And Favor S8+
Now that pre-orders for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are well underway, Samsung has given us just a small peek into how the phones are stacking up compared to their predecessors. According to Samsung, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ have shown “strong double-digit growth” compared to the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge this time last year.
As has been the case for the past two generations, the larger of the two — the Galaxy S8+ — has been the most popular pick with customers. Android buyers lover their big screen smartphones, so it should come as no surprise that people are flocking to the 6.2-inch Galaxy S8+, which has dimensions more in keeping with traditional 5.5- and 5.7-inch 16:9 flagships. Samsung also offered up one additional nugget of information: most customers are opting for the Midnight Black color option with their pre-orders.
For those that need a refresher course, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ have the following specifications:
- 5.8-inch QHD+ Super AMOLED display (6.2-inch on the Galaxy S8+)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB internal storage w/microSD expansion (up to 2TB)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-pixel design
- 8MP front-racing selfie camera
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, iris scanner and facial recognition
- Category 16 LTE
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE
- 3,000 mAh battery (3,500 mAh on the Galaxy S8+)