Rocket Arena Explodes On Scene With Non-Lethal Free-To-Play FPS Fun
There are a lot of people out there who like the action and the competition that a shooter like Fortnite or Apex Legends brings, but there are some that are turned off by the penchant for violence in those titles. Parents of younger kids who want to play often have a particularly hard time with the killing part of those popular games. A new competitive shooter deathmatch-style game has debuted called Rocket Arena, and it aims to be different because no one dies in the game.
The goal of Rocket Arena is for players to win by eliminating the opponent by sending them blasting into the sky. Each of the characters in the game has their own load-outs that include bombs, traps, spells, and rockets that can send enemies caught by the weapons flying. The more damage the enemy player takes, the further they are hurled by each strike they take until they are knocked out of the area completely.
Rocket Arena promises a variety of unique characters with different rockets and abilities to master. The match aims to be quick paced with high energy and will happen on a selection of maps with various game modes. Currently, Rocket Arena is in closed beta. Players who want to give Rocket Arena a try can sign up here for a chance to be selected for the Closed Beta.
The Phase 1 Closed Beta for the game happens:
- UTC: 5:00 PM Thursday, May 23 - 5:00 AM Friday, May 24
- PDT (UTC -7): 10:00 AM Thursday, May 23 - 10:00 PM Thursday, May 23
- EDT (UTC -4): 1:00 PM Thursday, May 23 - 1:00 AM Friday, May 24
- BRT (UTC -3): 2:00 PM Thursday, May 23 - 2:00 AM Friday, May 24
- CEST (UTC +2): 7:00 PM Thursday, May 23 - 7:00 AM Friday, May 24
- AEST (UTC +10): 3:00 AM Friday, May 24 - 3:00 PM Friday, May 24
The Phase 2 Closed Beta happens:
- UTC: 5:00 PM Friday, May 24 - 5:00 AM Saturday, May 24
- PDT (UTC -7): 10:00 AM Friday, May 24 - 10:00 PM Friday, May 24
- EDT (UTC -4): 1:00 PM Friday, May 24 - 1:00 AM Saturday, May 25
- BRT (UTC -3): 2:00 PM Friday, May 24 - 2:00 AM Saturday, May 25
- CEST (UTC +2): 7:00 PM Friday, May 24 - 7:00 AM Saturday, May 25
- AEST (UTC +10): 3:00 AM Saturday, May 25 - 3:00 PM Saturday, May 25
The Phase 3 Closed Beta happens:
- UTC: 5:00 PM Saturday, May 25 - 5:00 PM Wednesday, May 29
- PDT (UTC -7): 10:00 AM Saturday, May 25 - 10:00 AM Wednesday, May 29
- EDT (UTC -4): 1:00 PM Saturday, May 25 - 1:00 PM Wednesday, May 29
- BRT (UTC -3): 2:00 PM Saturday, May 25 - 2:00 PM Wednesday, May 29
- CEST (UTC +2): 7:00 PM Saturday, May 25 - 7:00 PM Wednesday, May 29
- AEST (UTC +10): 3:00 AM Sunday, May 26 - 3:00 AM Thursday, May 30
Gamers who are chosen to participate in the Closed Beta can earn rewards when the game officially launches. Closed Beta participants will be given the Pulsar Megablast and the Plasma Return Trail cosmetic items.
Game characters include:
- Amphora: The pride of the Crystal Reef, Amphora is a speedy fighter that can morph into a pool of water and then form a powerful geyser to knock her foes into the sky!
- Blastbeard: An old pirate from the nearly lawless Crater's Edge, Blastbeard is a former champion who makes up for his poor speed by lugging around a massive cannon that fires the most powerful rockets possible!
- Izell: Hailing from the wild Gemstone Jungle, Izell the Fearless is a close-quarters powerhouse who fires short-range rockets from her spear and launches herself into the thick of things with her Jaaqua Charge!
- Jayto: The returning champion from Boom City, Jayto is a talented all-around competitor that uses a variety of powerful rocket attacks to defend his title and show that his victory wasn't a fluke.
- Kayi: The deposed princess of Icefall Keep, Kayi is a technical competitor that can deal heavy damage from long range with her Charged Bolt attack and zip around the battlefield with a Grappling Hook!
- Plink: An odd, but cheerful young boy from the inhospitable Desolation, Plink is a speedster that fires custom-made homing Scrap Rockets to batter his enemies, and can evade foes with an improvised Skedaddle Ball teleporter.