Now before you all start rushing to the Settings app to initiate the OS update, we have to warn you that this rollout is being staged. OnePlus doesn't want everyone crowding its servers at once, and this will give the company a chance to catch any initial installation issues with a smaller sample size.
"The OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs," writes OnePlus. "Using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices."
For those wondering, here are the release notes for OxygenOS 9.0:
- Updated system to Android 9.0 Pie
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- New adaptive battery support
- New Android Pie gesture navigation
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.9
- Other new features and system improvements
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Accent color
- Supported accent color customization
With the exception of the Essential Phone and Google's first-party Pixel devices, the OnePlus 6 is the only other Android smartphone to receive Android 9 Pie. You can read the HotHardware OnePlus 6 review right here.