Microsoft really wants to get people hooked on its OneDrive cloud storage service. The company already provides unlimited OneDrive storage with an Office 365 subscription, but earlier this month it offered a perk to entice users that haven’t already made the plunge by offering 100GB of storage available for free (for two years we might add) just by signing up for Bing Rewards.
Today, Microsoft is offering up another 100GB of free storage for a year if you’re an existing Dropbox user. The steps are pretty simple:
- Go to Microsoft’s promotion page and clock “Verify and get my storage”
- Sign in to your Microsoft account. If you don’t have one, you can register here
- Once logged in, click the “Save to Dropbox button” to allow Microsoft to add a OneDrive document to you account
- Next, sign in to your Dropbox account. If you don’t have one, you can register here
- Click the “Save” button
- With all those steps complete, you should now see the message "Your bonus storage was successfully applied!"
This additional 100GB of storage promotion lasts for one year, and Microsoft is likely hoping that you’ll like OneDrive so much that you will pay for the service after the promotional period expires (or at least purchase an Office 365 subscription).