Updates, updates. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. The world's full of 'em, and Maingear is giving one of their flagship gaming notebooks yet another burst of power if you're willing to spring for it. The company's new Clutch-15 series notebook can now be ordered with NVIDIA's graphics-switching Optimus technology, boasting a 15.6" display, Core i5 CPU, and a variety of GPU options. There's a GeForce GT 525M with 1GB of GDDR3 memory, as well as a Core i3/i5, 8GB of DDR3 memory and up to a 512GB SSD (or a 500GB Hybrid SSD). So, more power and better battery life. How could you go wrong? It's available now starting at $1029 (without a docking station).
MAINGEAR UPDATES ROAD WARRIOR CLUTCH-15 SERIES NOTEBOOKS WITH NVIDIA® OPTIMUS™ TECHNOLOGY
Kenilworth, New Jersey – July 8th, 2011 - MAINGEAR, an award-winning PC system builder offering custom desktops, notebooks, workstations and media centers, has updated their Clutch-15 catering to business users and students with NVIDIA Optimus Technology. With a full HD 15.6” screen size and powered by second generation Intel® Core i3 or Core i5 series mobile processors, this diverse notebook offers the latest in portable productivity, multimedia and gaming performance.
The MAINGEAR Clutch-15 is a hybrid notebook that offers outstanding graphics performance while prolonging battery life utilizing NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology. The Clutch-15 is packed with a dedicated NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M GPU with 1GB GDDR3 memory, your choice of second generation Intel® Core™ i3 or i5 mobile processors, 1366 x 768 16:9 HD resolutions, up to 8GB of DDR3 1333MHZ memory, and up to 512GB Solid State Drive or up to 500GB Hybrid SSDs hard drives. Gamers and PC enthusiasts who are on the go will enjoy watching a HD movie, surfing the web, or playing the latest casual PC games with the reassurance of getting the best performance and the longest battery life.
Clutch-15 users will be able to take advantage of an optional 90 watt, charging docking station that features extra connectivity such as VGA, DVI, RJ-45, audio out, USB 2.0 x 4 ports and optional optical disc drives including Blu-ray™. The MAINGEAR Clutch-15 not only offers a 15.6” screen that is thinner and lighter than many notebooks out in the market and featuring a full size keyboard with a numeric keypad. The sleek and lean modern profile aesthetics of the Clutch-15 sets it apart from the crowd with the unique exterior texture for an enhanced tactile experience.
MAINGEAR Clutch-15 Notebook Specs:
* 15.6" WXGA (1366 x 768) 16:9 Glossy LED LCD display
* Second Generation Intel® Core™ i3, i5 mobile processors
* Intel HD Integrated Graphics or NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M 1GB Graphics
* Up to 8GB DDR3-1333 memory
* Up to SATA 2.5” 7200RPM 750GB, 500GB Hybrid SSD, or up to 512GB SSD
* 802.11g/n wireless connection, Bluetooth, 10/100/1000 Ethernet
* HDMI out, eSATA, 34mm ExpressCARD support
* Optional docking station includes: VGA, DVI, RJ-45, audio out and USB 2.0 x 4 ports, and a choice of Blu-ray, Super Mutli DVD, DVD-RW
* Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System
* Intel® Anti-Theft Technology Support, Intel® Always Aware Features, Intel ® My WiFi Technology Support
* MAINGEAR M.A.R. C. Laser etching
* Full size keyboard with number pad
* 15.35”(w) x 9.8” (d) x 1.3” (h)
* 4.75lb (fully loaded)
* Starting at price $1,029 (without docking station)