Indian Woman Hurt by Exploding Nokia Battery
Last month Nokia issued a massive battery recall. Unfortunately for this pregnant Indian woman, it didn't include her battery, which was of a different series, though still manufactured by Matsushita. The battery exploded 10 minutes after she plugged it into the charger.
A pregnant woman was injured at her south Kolkata residence on Wednesday when her Nokia handset battery exploded 10 minutes after she had put it on charge. The battery was a BL-D3, not part of the BL-5C series that Nokia recalled earlier this month. However, both series were manufactured by Matsushita Battery Industrial Co, Japan. The handset that blew up was purchased in 2004.
Legal action against Nokia is being considered in the case. Nokia has said that if the phone, charger and battery are original the woman would be compensated.