ASUS / Intel ROGCon Gaming Convention Ignited with Sponsorship from ATI and BenQ
-- This summer’s ultimate gaming convention gets a boost from sponsors, and the new ASUS ROG Affiliate program --
FREMONT, CA (July 17, 2008) - ROGCon, the first ever convention focused On ASUS’ award-winning Republic of Gamers lineup of gaming products and created in collaboration with Intel, today welcomed two new sponsors. ATI and BenQ have both added their support to the event, strengthening a sponsor lineup that already includes Kingston, Enermax, HardOCP, CPU Magazine, Amazon and Newegg.com. Gamers attending the ROGCon can expect to view, first hand, next generation technologies including notebooks based on the Intel Centrino 2 mobile technology, ASUS’ next generation gaming notebooks, the new Matrix series of gaming video cards, the upcoming Eee products for casual gamers, the award-winning ARES gaming system, and the latest offering from the sponsors.
The ASUS/Intel ROGCon will take place from August 8-10, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Dallas, Texas. Click here to register.
"The participation of ATI and BenQ in ROGcon opens an even wider selection of products to the event for gamers to see and enjoy,” said Kevin Huang, Senior Director of Marketing for ASUS Computer International. "The strong list of sponsors also shows tremendous industry-wide support for this inaugural event, and the Republic of Gamers lineup overall.” ASUS features a full lineup of performance video cards based on ATI’s powerful GPUs, and several of ASUS’ cutting edge motherboards are built around ATI’s CrossFire and CrossFireX multi-GPU gaming technologies. BenQ supplies a lineup monitors that are “built to deliver” under the most demanding visual applications.
To celebrate the spirit of gaming, ASUS is also announcing a new affiliate program targeting independent LAN parties and clans. The ASUS ROG Affiliate program originated from the idea of forming a true Republic. Anyone who is hosting a gaming event can apply for sponsorship support from ASUS and become a ROG affiliate. For more information on the program, please visit theASUS website.
Summer Gaming Extravaganza
- ROGCon will be open to the public and will feature a 24-hour BYOC where 700 gamers can show-off their skills.
- 80 ASUS gaming notebook tournament machines, complemented with the award-winning BenQ G2000WD gaming monitor.
- Some of the biggest names in the industry will be on hand to host workshops discussing the latest trends in gaming enthusiast hardware and software.
- Exhibition areas will showcase the latest technology for gamers, including excusive previews of upcoming products.
- ASUS will also give away over $70k in premium gaming equipment through raffles and competitions.