iPod nano Catches Fire in Man’s Pocket (?)

There have been plenty of recalls and stories about laptop and cell phone batteries (think Sony --- ouch, and Nokia, recently) either overheating or igniting, but we've never heard of an MP3 player doing this before.

Danny Williams says his 1 1/2 year old iPod nano caught fire in his pocket. A local TV station caught the news, and posted a rather sensationalistic story.

There's a full news video at the linked site. Hilariously, the news anchor calls the nano a "nana" (channeling her grandmother?).  The statement made by Williams' mother makes one wonder how long it will be before a lawsuit is filed.
Tags:  iPod, Fire, Nano, IPO, pocket, iPod nano, IP, K