VIA Eden X2 processors combine VIA's signature 'Eden' fanless design principles, in a highly optimized, power-efficient dual-core architecture. With a component longevity guarantee of 7 years, this new chip utilizes a 40nm manufacturing process and combines two two 64-bit, superscalar VIA Eden cores on one die, offering enhanced multi-tasking and superb multimedia performance on a rigidly low power budget. VIA Eden X2 processors bring additional features that include VIA VT virtualization, a technology that allows legacy software and applications to be used in virtual scenarios without impacting on performance.
The company plans to start shipping these en masse during Q2 2011, though they're sampling now to project customers.
· Industry-leading power-efficient architecture
· 7 year longevity guarantee
· Advanced multi-core processing
· Native support for 64-bit operating systems
· High-performance superscalar processing
· Out-of-order x86 architecture
· Most efficient speculative floating point algorithm
· Full processor virtualization support
· Advanced power and thermal management
· VIA AES hardware security features
· Pin-to-pin compatibility with VIA processors range