Toshiba is adding to the Satellite A665 laptop's 3D capabilities by providing a software update that will add 2D to 3D conversion, support for Blu-ray 3D discs, and the ability to stream 3D content to 3D-ready televisions. The Toshiba Video Player 3D software will now enable the Satellite A665 to take 2D content and upconvert it to 3D. In addition, 3D content can be outputted directly to a 3D TV set via the HDMI connection. Toshiba is promising these new features via a software upgrade that will be available from www.toshiba.co.uk/computers.
Updates to the Toshiba Satellite A665 3D laptop bring a new dimension to home entertainment
- Toshiba Video Player 3D upconverts 2D content to 3D in real time
- Update to Satellite A665 further extends 3D capability
- Stream 3D movie data direct to 3D-ready TV sets using HDMI
London, UK, 2nd September 2010 – Toshiba UK today announces extended support for 3D content on the Satellite A665 laptop, adding to its already impressive 3D and multimedia features. The update adds a 2D to 3D conversion application, rendering standard 2D content in 3D in real time, creating vivid, lifelike images that leap out the screen. The update also provides support for Blu-ray 3D™ discs, and allows 3D content, including games and video, to be streamed to 3D-ready televisions.
The Satellite A665 is one of Toshiba's most advanced next-generation laptops, combining incredible 3D capabilities with high definition (HD) multimedia computing for a truly immersive home entertainment experience. The Satellite A665 comes bundled with a pair of NVIDIA 3D Vision™ active shutter glasses, providing out-of-the-box 3D playback with outstanding depth-of-field reproduction on games and video content.
Breathing new life into 2D video
The Satellite A665's immersive 3D technology now includes the ability to take 2D content and instantly upconvert it to 3D, when played on the Toshiba Video Player 3D software – giving existing DVD collections and home videos a new lease of life. Toshiba Video Player
3D, exclusively available for Toshiba customers, uses a series of complex algorithms to render 2D images in 3D, in real time.
Streaming 3D content to a 3D TV set
The Satellite A665 now also offers an HDMI® interface capable of outputting 3D content directly to a 3D TV set1. By connecting the Satellite A665 to a 3D TV set, as if it were a 3D Blu-ray player, users can immerse themselves in dramatic three-dimensional pictures on a bigger screen – perfect for enjoying in the living room with friends and family.
All 3D content, including upconverted video from Toshiba Video Player 3D, native Blu-ray 3D™ discs, and next-generation 3D games, can either be viewed on the Satellite A665's 3D HD 15.6" TruBrite LED backlit screen, or on any 3D capable television featuring a 120Hz refresh rate.
Updates for existing Satellite A665 3D available
To ensure that all customers who already own a Satellite A665 can enjoy the new 3D features, all devices will be upgradeable by software download. Customers can visit www.toshiba.co.uk/computers for more information on the download.
The Satellite A665 is available now.
Facts & Figures
- Intel® Core™ i7 (Quad Core) processor
- Up to 4 GB DDR3 (1066 MHz) RAM
- Up to 500 GB HDD with 3D impact sensor
- 39.6cm (15.6'') TruBrite® HD display (120 Hz) with LED backlighting
- 1,366 x 768 pixels(16:9)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 350M graphics
- Blu-ray Disc™ rewritable drive, Blu-ray 3D Disc compatible
- Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR, WLAN (802.11 b/g/n), Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- 3 x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA / USB combo port with Sleep-and-Charge, Multi-Card Reader and 1x HDMI®
- 1.3 MP webcam
- Harman Kardon stereo speakers, Line-In with Sleep-and-Music function, Dolby® Advanced Audio
- Pre-installed 3D content
- Toshiba Resolution+, Toshiba Media Controller, Toshiba LifeSpace
- Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)
- ENERGY STAR® 5.0 qualified