"The combined download figures of all the malicious apps indicate that Android.Counterclank has the highest distribution of any malware identified so far this year," Symantec said in a blog post.
Infected apps include:
- Counter Elite Force (iApps7 Inc)
- Counter Strike Ground Force (iApps7 Inc)
- CounterStrike Hit Enemy (iApps7 Inc)
- Heart Live Wallpaper (iApps7 Inc)
- Hit Counter Terrorist (iApps7 Inc)
- Stripper Touch Girl (iApps7 Inc)
- Balloon Game (Orge Games)
- Deal & Be Millionaire (Orge Games)
- Wild Man (Ogre Games)
- Pretty Women Lingerie Puzzle (redmicapps)
- Sexy Girls Photo Game (redmicapps)
- Sexy Girls Puzzle (redmicapps)
- Sexy Women Puzzle (redmicapps)
It's unclear exactly how many people were infected, though some estimates around the Web put the total around 1.5 million.