Sony Xperia XZ4 Benchmarks Leak Delivers Monster Snapdragon 855 Performance
If the rumors are true, Sony is getting ready to announce a new flagship smartphone, the Xperia XZ4. An unveiling could come as early as next week, just ahead of the Consumer Electronics Show. In the meantime, we're starting to see some leaked benchmarks that potentially give us an early look at the Xperia XZ4's performance.
The newest leaked benchmark is a Geekbench listing, where the supposed Xperia XZ4 posted a single-core score of 3,497 and a multi-core score of 12,801. To put those numbers into a perspective, let's compare with a few of our own scores that we've collected...
- Leaked Xperia XZ4: 3,497 single-core, 12,801 multi-core
- iPhone X A11 Bionic: 4,206 single-core, 10,315 multi-core
- ASUS ROG Phone (X Mode): 2,557 single-core, 9,348 multi-core
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: 2,448 single-core, 9,070 multi-core
- OnePlus 6: 2,461 single-core, 9,057 multi-core
- LG V40 ThinQ: 2,370 single-core, 8,622 multi-core
- Google Pixel 3 XL: 2,389 single-core, 8,382 multi-core
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro: 1,900 single-core, 6,780 multi-core
Apple's iPhone X powered by a custom A11 Bionic processor stood at the top of our benchmark chart ever since we tested it, followed more recently by ASUS's ROG Phone taking the second spot with its cherry-picked and overclocked Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 system-on-chip (SoC).
If the leaked Xperia ZX4 is legitimate, it bodes well for Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 855 SoC. Not only does it offer a general leap in performance over the Snapdragon 845, it also topples Apple's muscular A11 Bionic in multi-core performance, according the leaked benchmark. The latter is the more impressive feat to us, though the A11 Bionic still retains the single-core performance crown (in Geekbench, anyway).
This is the second benchmark leak in just a couple of days, involving the Xperia XZ4. Prior to the Geekbench scores finding their way to the web, a mystery Sony handset powered by a Snapdragon 855 processor showed up in AnTuTu's database. That device is likely the Xperia ZX4 as well.
The phone scored 395,721. Compared to our own benchmark runs, here's how the performance compares...
- Leaked Sony Xperia XZ4: 359,721
- ASUS ROG Phone (X Mode): 300,509
- OnePlus 6: 288,417
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: 287,115
- Google Pixel 3 XL: 267,705
- LG V40 ThinQ: 238,819
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro: 211,027
Once again, the Xperia XZ4 comes out well ahead of every other Android device. Just bear in mind that we haven't actually spent any hands-on time with Sony's next flagship phone, so we can't say for sure if the scores are legitimate. If they are, however, phones powered by the Snapdragon 855 will pack quite the performance punch.
If these leaks are true, the Xperia XZ4 will also boast 8GB of RAM and Android 9.0 Pie.