Such is the case with the 4th generation iPad and iPad mini lines. If you poke your head into Apple's bin of refurbished products, you'll find the 9.7-inch slate starting at $419 for the 16GB Wi-Fi model. The 32GB Wi-Fi iPad is going for $499 and the 64GB Wi-Fi is selling for $439, a 17 percent discount versus a 16 percent savings on the two lower capacity models.
If you're more interested in the Wi-Fi + Cellular SKUs, the 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB models are priced at $529, $609, and $689, respectively, all representative of a 16 percent savings.
As for the iPad mini, refurbished prices are as follows:
- iPad mini 16GB Wi-Fi: $279 (15 percent off)
- iPad mini 32GB Wi-Fi: $359 (16 percent off)
- iPad mini 64GB Wi-Fi: $439 (17 percent off)
- iPad mini 16GB Wi-Fi + Cellular: $349 (34 percent off)
- iPad mini 32GB Wi-Fi + Cellular: $389 (15 percent off)
- iPad mini 64GB Wi-Fi + Cellular: $439 (17 percent off)
The neat thing about Apple's refurbished iPads is that they all include a brand new battery and outer shell, and are backed by the same 1-year warranty as if buying new.