Razer Raptor 144Hz FreeSync WQHD Gaming Monitor Has Stunning 2.3mm Thin Bezels
Razer has announced a new gaming monitor at CES 2019 called the Razer Raptor. This is a concept design that Razer says it is an early-design-phase model, but it promises that production units will be available later this year. The Raptor promises ultra-wide viewing angles with custom-calibrated WQHD (2560 x 1440) resolution. The display uses an IPS edge-to-edge panel with 2.3mm thick bezels.
Razer says that the monitor will support AMD Radeon FreeSync adaptive sync technology with 1 ms MotionBlur reduction feature and a refresh rate of up to 144 Hz. The monitor covers 95% DCI-P3 color gamut and supports HDR content. Programmable color profiles address game and prosumer demands for optimized gaming, movie, and productivity settings. Raptor has a matte-black design using a forged aluminum base with a backplate that has a combination of fabric and metal. Razer Chroma-powered LED strips illuminate the base of the monitor and can be customized via Synapse 3 software.
The stand is designed with cable management in mind and is height adjustable and can tilt back up to 90-degrees for IO port access. Connectivity options include one HDMI, one DisplayPort, and one USB-C connection along with a pair of USB-A 3.1 ports. The monitor supports picture-by-picture input, and the USB-C port supports power delivery for charging devices via the monitor. Razer will sell the monitor for $699.99, and it will be available later this year in the U.S. and Canada.
Full specifications for the display are:
- Screen Size: 27 in.
- Resolution: WQHD (2560 x 1440p)
- Panel Type: IPS
- Refresh Rate: 144 Hz
- Response Rate: 4 ms with Overdrive, 1 ms with Motion Blur reduction, 7 ms typical
- Gaming Modes: FPS / Racing / MMO Mode / Streaming
- Viewing Angle: 178 Degrees (H/V)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Brightness: up to 420 Nits
- Color Gamut: 95% DCI-P3
- HDR: Yes
- Height Adjustable Stand: Yes, w/ 90-degree tilt for easy port access
- Connectivity: 1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x DP 1.4, 1 x USB-C (supports DP1.4), 2 x USB 3.0 Pass Throughs
- Included Cables: 1 x Power, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Display Port, 1 x USB-C (also supports DP and Power Delivery), 1 x 2 USB-A 3.1
- Dimensions w/ Stand: 24.15″ (613.4 mm) W x 15.29 in. 19.23 in. (388.4 mm – 488.4 mm) H x 7.46 in. (189.4 mm) D
- Weight w/ Stand: 25.4 lbs. (11.5 kg)