NextComputing introduced a new all-in-one workstation that offers desktop-like performance in a slightly more portable form. The new Radius EX is definitely a powerful machine. It has a 17-inch, 1920x1200 display, Intel Core i7 processor or dual Intel Xeon 5600 processors, 48GB of RAM, and up to 7TB of storage.
New All-In-One, Portable Workstation from NextComputing Enables Desktop Computing, On the Go
NASHUA, N.H. – January 27, 2011 – NextComputing, a leading provider of portable and small footprint workstations and servers, announces its newest portable workstation, the Radius EX. Offering true desktop-class computing performance in a transportable, all-in-one design, the Radius EX is an ideal platform for running high-end software applications outside of a typical office environment or in multiple locations.
After launching the successful Radius portable workstation in late 2009, NextComputing designed the Radius EX in response to its customers’ needs for a more powerful, portable system to support their mission-critical applications. Typical Radius customers include sports broadcasters, film and video content producers, telecom service providers, radiologists, and enterprise software companies. The Radius EX is a perfect solution for all of these users, providing them with more configuration options and flexibility than the Radius in a similar form-factor.
Highlights of the Radius EX include:
- Compact, all-in-one chassis with built-in 17-inch 1920x1200 display
- Durable aluminum alloy chassis with comfortable padded leather handle for easy portage
- Single Intel Core i7 processor or dual Intel Xeon 5600 series processors
- (7) PCI Express or PCI expansions slots
- 48GB RAM
- (15) SATA or (12) SAS 2.5” fixed internal hard drives, for over 7TB (terabytes) of high-speed storage capable of over 1GB/s (gigabyte-per-second) of data throughput
- (8) no-tools removable SATA/SAS hard drives for easy service and upgradeability
“Our goal as a company has always been to provide the best portable and dense form-factor computers for users who require high performance, reliability, and flexible customization services tailored to their specific applications,” says Bob Labadini, President and CTO of NextComputing. “We believe the Radius EX is an obvious extension of this approach, giving our customers more of the functionality they want in addition to the benefits they already expect from NextComputing products.”