The VPhone has two cameras—a 5 MP main camera with auto focus and flash and a VGA forward-facing camera for video calling. The phone also offers Wi-Fi, USB, Bluetooth, a slide-out keyboard, and a screen resolution that is twice that of the iPhone. Its long-life battery can provide up to four hours of video calling and seven hours of talk time.
Using major U.S. cellular networks, Saygus has achieved two-way cellular video calls at 24 to 30 frames per second using its low bandwidth video calling technology. The company has tested its technology on other devices and other cellular networks implementing video calling at 2.5G EDGE data rates.
- Video Calling. Saygus VPhone includes Saygus' proprietary video calling technology for the world’s first low bandwidth two-way cellular video calling
- Tethering. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB tethering for up to eight devices
- 1500 mAh Battery. Supports up to four hours of video calling and seven hours of talk time
- QWERTY Slide-Out Keyboard. Large keyboard area with raised keys for ease of use
- Multi-Touch Screen. High-resolution 3.5-inch 800 x 480 capacitive multi-touch capable screen
- 624Mhz Marvell PXA310 processor
- Dual Cameras. 5 MP main camera with auto focus and flash and VGA forward-facing camera for two-way video calling
- CDMA EVDO Rev A
- USB Charging. Host and client capability