Just when we were ribbing Microsoft for taking its sweet time to release a new build of Windows 10 Mobile, the company responds today with a fresh build. We can’t say that we’re surprised, considering that Microsoft’s Gabe Aul tweeted yesterday, “We have a build that is looking good (in the 105xx range) to share very soon, but it won't be today.”
Little did we know that “very soon” actually meant tomorrow. And here we are, starting at Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10512. It has just hit the Fast ring for testers, which means that Slow ring testers that have been without an update for well over a month will just have to wait even longer to see a new build delivered to their smartphones.
If Aul’s comments today are any indication, we won’t have to worry about going another month without any signs of a new build. “I expect the builds to be out more frequently again as we go forward from here,” said Aul. “Our major focus on Windows 10 Mobile right now is on improvements to core quality.”
- As for changes and fixes that have been addressed with Build 10512, Microsoft lists the following:
- General improvement in overall stability and performance.
- You can now set the Lock screen and background image from within the Photos app.
- We fixed an issue where apps installed on SD cards weren’t working after a reboot.
- We have improved Latvian and Chinese inputs.
- We have made improvements to the Kid’s Corner tile layout.
- We have improved reliability of Data Sense notifications.
- Modified Shape Writing algorithm to be less aggressive in suggesting contact names over common words.
- Resolved an issue where Camera would not launch when the phone was locked.
- We fixed an issue where notifications for incoming text messages weren’t appearing.
- We fixed an issue where the touch screen wouldn’t be responsive after ending a phone call on some devices.
- And we fixed an issue where folder tiles have obviously overlapping text.
So if you’re a Windows Insider, and you’ve been dying to get your hands on some fresh code, get your butt moving and download this newest build and send your valuable feedback to Microsoft.