The kit features an integrated GPS tuner, an amplified speaker, turn-by-turn directions, the ability to recharge the device while it's in use and an auxiliary audio output (for connection to your car stereo). Bluetooth is also included for hands-free calling, but you'll have to pay $129.99 in order to get it. The one major boon here is that Magellan doesn't restrict this to just one application, so it looks as if you can just bring any iPhone/iPod touch GPS application to the table and watch this work.
Features of the Premium Car Kit include the following:
- Secure vehicle mounting for iPhone or iPod touch
- Accommodates most silicon skins and hard shell cases
- Adjustable mount securely rotates iPhone to either portrait or landscape mode for optimal positioning and widescreen route display
- Recharges battery via the vehicle power outlet
- Amplified speaker with volume control for loud and clear phone calls and directions
- Noise canceling microphone for full duplex speakerphone operation
- Auxiliary audio output (for connection to your car stereo)
- Works with all navigation applications (including the Magellan RoadMate for iPhone application)
- Bluetooth enables hands-free calling
Available now for pre-order, the car kit will retail for $129.99 and will be available at Amazon.com, Best Buy, and MagellanGPS.com.