Lenovo launched a new mobile app store that is designed with businesses in mind. The new Lenovo Enterprise App Shop makes it possible for companies to create their own customized App Shops and helps IT managers overcome some of the security risks and hassles that come with managing mobile devices. With the Lenovo Enterprise App Shop, IT managers can purchase, license, distribute, and manage approved applications. Some of the other benefits that Lenovo promotes with the Enterprise App Shop include a vetted catalog, volume purchase pricing, and more.
Lenovo Launches New Mobile App Shop Just for Businesses
Offers Services from Custom Management and Corporate Publishing Ability to Volume Discounts
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC – March 27, 2012: Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) today announced its first enterprise app shop – the Lenovo Enterprise App Shop - to bring end-to-end mobile app services to large businesses, enabling custom management, deployment and publication as well as volume pricing. The Lenovo Enterprise App Shop makes it simple for corporate users to access and use productivity apps on their Lenovo tablet or other Android-based tablet (version 3.1 and higher).
"With the influx of personal and mobile devices in the workplace, it’s critical for companies to manage the proprietary and third-party applications their employees are using,” said Mark Cohen, vice president, Ecosystem and Monetization, Lenovo. “We created an app shop designed specifically for the enterprise featuring LDAP integration and cross Android platform support to facilitate IT management while giving users the apps they’re demanding to boost productivity.”
A Way to Manage Multitude of Apps
As more consumers use their personal devices for work, the potential for security risks and lack of IT management increases. Lenovo App Shop Manager solves this challenge by allowing companies to create their own customized App Shops. IT managers can purchase, license, distribute and manage approved applications for the end user. Lenovo App Shop Manager controls only the apps, not the device, like other mobile device management solutions.
"The distribution and license management of applications for the classroom is simplified by the Lenovo Enterprise App Shop; eliminating factory resets and streamlining app installation. We were up and running quickly and the App Shop Manager is very intuitive and easy to use," said David Gannon, associate director, Academic Computing & Media Services, Bryant University.
Modeled after the self-service consumer app shops, Lenovo App Shop Manager makes it simple and convenient for end users while simultaneously minimizing cost and complexity for IT staff. Additionally, as a software-as-a-service cloud hosted solution without infrastructure and support required, it offers a low cost of ownership. App Shop Manager offers the following key services:
App Shop Manager Services
- Vetted Catalog - All apps on the Lenovo App Shop Catalog are malware/offensive content-free and tested to ensure they run well on Lenovo tablets.
- Custom Management - Via the App Shop Manager, companies can select and de-select apps from the App Shop catalog. Users also have access to the thousands of apps in the MobiHand Universal Android catalog. Only corporate approved apps are made available for purchase or download.
- Private Corporate App Publishing – Corporate customers can easily publish their apps to the end users via the App Shop Manager.
- Volume Purchase Pricing - The App Shop Manager provides access to the MobiHand marketplace with published volume pricing discounts.
- Enabling and Disabling Apps - MobiHand’s unique App Shop License wrapper allows companies to disable apps when required. IT managers can identify unapproved apps and can be alerted to users who have the apps installed for removal.
The Lenovo App Shop is available immediately worldwide (excluding China) through Lenovo sales.