A new streaming media software solution called Jamcast is now available. Jamcast has a Virtual Soundcard feature that captures audio from your computer and streams it over a wireless network to DLNA and UPnP-compliant devices. With Jamcast, you can stream audio to HDTVs, smartphones, media adapters, home theater components, and more. Jamcast also offers easy access to music stored on your PC and on network attached storage devices. The software costs $29.99. The company offers a fully-functional 14-day trial so you can try it before you buy.
Jamcast Launches, Streams Audio From Any Source to Connected Devices
New Software Streams Pandora, Spotify, and More to the Living Room and Beyond
ORLANDO, FL--(Marketwire - June 29, 2010) - Software Development Solutions, Inc. (SDS) announced today the launch of Jamcast™, a streaming media software solution that enables consumers to effortlessly send digital audio from any source directly to their favorite devices.
Jamcast's exclusive Virtual Soundcard feature captures any audio playing on a consumer's PC and then transmits it over their wireless network to DLNA and UPnP-compliant devices, such as gaming consoles, HDTVs, smartphones, media adapters, home theatre components and other popular connected devices in the home and beyond.
"Jamcast has really caught the attention of consumers looking to enjoy their favorite music from popular streaming services like Pandora and Spotify away from their PC, in the living room or elsewhere," said SDS CEO Scott Streaker. "Jamcast's Virtual Soundcard makes this easy when no solution from the device manufacturer or content provider is otherwise available," he added.
In addition to the Virtual Soundcard, Jamcast offers quick and easy access to all the music stored on a PC and network attached storage devices. Jamcast also allows users to browse and play back their favorite podcasts via integrated support for both RSS and OPML.
Jamcast is easy to install and configure and runs on Windows XP or higher. A fully-functional 14-day trial of the software is available for download at http://getjamcast.com, and a license can be purchased for only $29.99.
Other key features of Jamcast include:
- Playback and metadata support for MP3, FLAC, OGG, ALAC, AAC, WMA, WMA Lossless, WMA Pro, WMA Voice, WAV, AIFF, SHN, and PCM
- Playlist support for iTunes libraries, Windows Media (WPL), PLS, and M3U
- Windows Media DRM support allows users to stream tracks downloaded from Napster and Zune Marketplace (requires a DRM-compatible device).
- On-demand media transcoding automatically converts media to a compatible format when necessary.
- Works great with iTunes including playlist synchronization and transcoding support for non-DRM Apple content.
- Intuitive server management via a Windows-based management UI makes it simple to configure Jamcast -- no editing of configuration or INI files is ever necessary.
- A plugin framework and SDK allows developers to extend the capabilities of Jamcast by adding additional drop-in content providers.
Jamcast works great with the Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony Playstation 3, as well as other DLNA and UPnP-compliant devices from manufacturers such as Pioneer, Samsung, Sony, LG, Philips, Roku, Yamaha, Denon, and more. For more information about supported devices, please visit http://getjamcast.com.