HP Targets Professionals With New Z210 Workstations
In addition to new mobile workstations added today, HP expanded its Z Workstation family by adding the HP Z210 Workstation which comes in convertible mini-tower (CMT) or highly compact small form factor (SFF) options. The HP Z210 models are designed to provide workstation-class reliability for an affordable price.
The HP Z210 SFF is 65% smaller than the HP Z210 CMT. Both sizes offer the choice of high-performance, enterprise-class Intel Xeon E3 and second-generation Intel Core i3/i5/i7 processors. Both form factors also feature a tool-free chassis for easy servicing. The new HP Z210 Workstations are expected to be available this spring. Pricing starts at $659 for the HP Z210 CMT Workstation and $569 for the HP Z210 SFF Workstation.
HP Unveils Affordable and Compact Workstations for Professionals
New HP Z210 Workstations offer performance and reliability in mini-tower or highly compact sizes
2011 NAB Show - LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--HP (NYSE:HPQ) today expanded its industry-leading Z Workstation family with the highly affordable HP Z210 Workstation, which is available in convertible mini-tower (CMT) or highly compact small form factor (SFF) options for space-constrained environments.
HP also announced three new HP EliteBook Mobile Workstations, demonstrating its continued investment in the desktop and mobile workstation market, where it holds leading market share, as reported by IDC.(1)
The HP Z210 models, which are ideal for customers in the video editing, MCAD/AEC, education, public sector and image viewing industries, raise the bar for entry-level workstation performance while providing workstation-class reliability at a highly affordable price.
The predecessors to the HP Z210 Workstations, the HP Z200 and HP Z200 SFF, are being used around the world by customers such as Local Motors and Colorado State University College of Business in the United States; Penoles Grupo Bal in Latin America; Centennial College in Canada; Global Logic in Europe; and Infinite Frameworks in Asia Pacific.
“An increasing number of customers in fast-growing market segments are turning to HP Z Workstations to meet the increasingly sophisticated demands of their businesses,” said Jeff Wood, director, Worldwide Marketing, Workstations, HP. “The new HP Z210 Workstations meet these demands and demonstrate HP’s leadership in the market.”
Industry research firm IDC reported that HP’s market share of the desktop workstation category has grown during past quarters, culminating with a 45.8 percent share worldwide for the fourth quarter of 2010, according to the IDC Worldwide Workstation Tracker, Q4 2010.(1)
The HP Z210 SFF is 65 percent smaller than the HP Z210 CMT. Both sizes offer the choice of high-performance, enterprise-class Intel® Xeon® E3 and second-generation Intel Core™ i3/i5/i7 processors, surpassing PC offerings and increasing overall performance by up to 20 percent over previous-generation processors.(2)
“Built for professionals, HP Z210 workstations with the new Intel Xeon processor E3 1200 family are changing the definition of the entry-level workstation,” said Anthony C. Neal-Graves, general manager, Workstation Unit, Intel Corporation. “This processor’s greatest innovation is how it integrates the CPU and graphics engines on the same die. That means visual and 3-D graphics capabilities that were once only available to entry workstation users with discrete graphics cards will now be accessible to anyone with an entry workstation powered by the Intel Xeon E3 family with Intel HD Graphics P3000.3”
The HP Z210 models offer a range of professional graphics options, including 2-D choices from AMD and NVIDIA that incorporate dual graphics card capabilities that support up to four 2-D displays. 3-D choices include next-generation processor-integrated Intel high-definition graphics that lower the entry cost for professional 3-D graphics, and entry and midrange graphics from NVIDIA and AMD.
The HP Z210 Workstations are designed for ease of use, and both form factors feature a tool-free chassis that make them easy to service. Like all HP Workstations, they were engineered with customers in mind and went through rigorous testing and certification with the key professional applications and software vendors that are critical to customer work.
Proven environmental leadership
HP is a leader in reducing the environmental impact of its products, including workstations, often acting first to adopt new solutions designed with the environment in mind. The HP Z210 Workstations offer ENERGY STAR® v5 qualified configurations to help reduce the amount of energy lost to heat and optimize the energy that the system actually consumes. The HP Z210 models provide new carbon footprint reduction technologies with both models featuring HP’s highest-efficiency workstation power supply (90 percent efficient) as standard.
In addition, the HP Z210 Workstations have access to the HP Carbon Footprint Calculator, which allows users to see how they can reduce their environmental impact and costs of computing. Both models also include HP Power Assistant, which provides real-time battery capacity and power consumption information that helps users conserve power.
All HP workstations are more than 90 percent recyclable and the HP Z line is registered as Electronics Products Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT™) Gold, the highest rating available.
The HP Workstation advantage
- HP’s industry-leading independent software vendor program ensures comprehensive workstation testing, tuning and certification across a very wide variety of applications, including advanced product design, broadcast-quality video editing, building information modeling, 3-D movie animation, geographical information systems and medical imaging.
- HP’s highly tuned workstations give customers an experience much like having an engineer in the box with HP Performance Advisor software. This free tool is available with all HP workstations and features an intuitive interface that can help tune the workstation and track system resource utilization.
- The HP Performance Advisor will make recommendations to users on which driver they should use. This type of tuning can result in significantly improved performance and system and software stability. To further ensure stability for its customers, HP certifies drivers for commonly used workstations applications from vendors such as Adobe, Autodesk, CATIA, Dassault, PTC, Siemens and SolidWorks.
Users of HP workstations enjoy additional benefits of HP’s rigorous systems testing and engineering:
- Each HP workstation passes through HP’s legendary quality assurance and testing process, which goes well beyond regulatory and industry standards. As an example, HP’s rigorous three-axis temperature/frequency/voltage testing helps allow for reliable long-term operation for critical components.
- As a result of HP’s acoustics engineering, many customers report they cannot tell by listening if the workstation is even running.
Pricing and availability
The new HP Z210 Workstations are expected to be available this spring. U.S. pricing starts at $659 for the HP Z210 CMT Workstation and $569 for the HP Z210 SFF Workstation. (4)
More information is available at www.hp.com/personalagain.