Christmas movie fans will undoubtedly know the classic flick Home Alone starring Macaulay Culkin. Google has teamed up with Culkin to reprise his role as Kevin McAllister in modern times. Google calls the new holiday film it cooked up "Home Alone Again with Google Assistant."
The video has Kevin doing many of the same things he did 28 years ago when his parents forgot him at home and went away on a trip. The catch this time is that Kevin has a Google Home packing the Google Assistant to help him spend his days alone.
Kevin has the assistant make him a shopping list for the aftershave that gave the flick its iconic hands on cheeks screaming kid poster. Kevin also has a custom routine to keep the Wet Bandits away from his house that starts music playing and circulates cardboard cutouts around as if they are people dancing.
To celebrate the season, Google has packed some quotes from the original movie into Google Assistant. You can activate them by saying "Hey Google..." and adding one of the phrases below:
- How much do I owe you?” and you’ll be reminded to “Keep the change, you filthy animal.”
- “Did I forget something?” and the famous “KEVINNNNNNNNNN” scream will play back.
- “It’s me Snakes. I got the stuff,” to recreate a back-and-forth dialogue from the movie Kevin watches, "Angels with Filthy Souls."
- “The Wet Bandits are here” to trigger Kevin defending his house.
- “I'm the man of the house” to relive the famous scene when Kevin tries aftershave.
Google also has a behind the scenes video of the making of "Home Alone Again with Google Assistant." You can watch that video above. Culkin said that the Google team did a good job of recreating the decorations and items from the set of the iconic Christmas film. There have been some nice Google Home deals for Christmas if you want to try some of these Home Alone commands for yourself.