Fallout 4 also won awards for Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction and Role Playing/Massively Multiplayer Game of the Year. On top of it all, Bethesda's Fallout Shelter added to the pile of achievements an award for Mobile Game of the Year. That's quite the haul for Bethesda, which in total nabbed four of the 22 awards given out that night.
There were four other multiple category winners—The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, which brought home honors for Outstanding Achievement in Story, Outstanding Technical Achievement, and Outstanding Achievement in Game Design; Ori and the Blind, which won Outstanding Achievement in Animation and Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction; Rocket League, which won Sports Game of the Year and the DICE Sprite Award; and Star Wars: Battlefront, which won Action Game of the Year and Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design.
Here's a look at the remaining winners:
- Adventure Game of the Year: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- Family Game of the Year: Super Mario Maker
- Fighting Game of the Year: Mortal Kombat X
- Racing Game of the Year: Forza Motorsport 6
- Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year: Heroes of the Storm
- Handheld Game of the Year: Helldrivers
- Outstanding Achievement in Character: Rise of the Tomb Raider
If you're looking to get into gaming, any of those titles are a good place to start. The same holds true for several games that were in the running for various awards but ultimately didn't win, such as Bloodborn, Destiny: The Taken King, and Madden NFL 2016.