This little device could be easily dismissed, at first glance, as simple external USB hard drive. Though it's nothing more than a multi-drive external storage device that runs a multi-drive RAID array (RAID level not indicated in the spec), its auto-formatting, auto-repair, auto-expansion and capacity sensing capabilities are pretty impressive.
Drobo is programmed to take actions on your behalf; always ensuring it's keeping your data safe and optimized:
- Auto-formatting of added drives
- Auto-repair of data after drive failure
- Auto-repair of data corruption
- Auto-repair of data redundancy
- Auto-expansion of storage pool (when drives are added or upsized)
- Auto-sense & display of capacity used
Regardless of how many hard drives are installed, your Mac or PC sees one large drive:
- Consolidation of storage into large pool
- Accessible via High-Speed USB 2.0
- Accepts one to four drives.