Dell's Precision M4500 Mobile Workstation Gets Core i7 Power
Of course, we hear this "world's most powerful" line every single time a new machine (with cutting-edge internals) is introduced. But taken solo, this really is a pretty amazing machine. Currently, the Precision M4500 is the only mobile workstation equipped with Intel's Core i7-920XM Extreme Edition CPU and NVIDIA's Quadro FX 1800M GPU; it's also the first of its kind to offer optional SSD MiniCard for a serious boost in performance.
The machine is designed for creative professionals, designers, engineers and researchers, but honestly, even gamers could use this on their off-hours in order to catch a raid of two in World of Warcraft. Other spec options include a LED-backlit 15.6" panel, optional 3MP webcam, Gobi 2.0 mobile broadband card, a multi-touch trackpad, a 6lb. chassis and support for nearly every OS on the market. Pricing and availability has not been made final, but the machine should start well below $2000.
Workstation Mobility Redefined: The Dell Precision M4500
The M4500 is the world’s first 15.6-inch mobile workstation to offer an optional SSD MiniCard for additional high-performance data storage and user selectable thermal tables that keep systems cool and extend battery life when full power isn’t needed. In addition to the M6500, the M4500 provides near instant access to e-mail, calendar, contacts, the Internet and virtual remote desktops, with a new technology called Dell Precision ON.
Other product highlights include:
- Available with optional Intel® Core™ i7-920XM Quad Core processor Extreme Edition, Intel® Core™ i7 and Core™ i5 processors linked with fast 1066MHz and 1333MHz memory for compute intensive and memory bandwidth sensitive applications;
- Optional NVIDIA® Quadro FX 1800M or Quadro FX 880M graphics with 1GB of dedicated memory for large models and models with high texture;
- Optional HD+ sRGB LED 15.6-inch screen with 120 percent user selectable color gamut support;
- Optional 3MP camera and Gobi 2.0 mobile broadband support with a multi-touch touchpad for greater user flexibility;
- Enables easy portability with a starting weight of only 6.0 lbs¹; and,
- Support for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP, along with Red Hat® Linux® 5.3 64-bit.
Like the Dell Precision M6500, the M4500 offers compatibility and optimized performance on key applications from leading Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) such as Adobe, Autodesk, Dassault Systèmes, PTC and Siemens PLM Software.
The Dell Precision M4500 mobile workstation will be available for order globally in the coming weeks. More details can be found at www.dell.com/precision.