Acer’s Beastly Predator 21 X Gaming Notebook Now Shipping With GTX 1080 SLI And Kaby Lake
The only disappointing aspect, well other than its price, is the display resolution of the machine. Even though the gaming notebook features an expansive 21-inch display, the screen resolution is a somewhat disappointing 2560x1080 instead of 4K. However, when it comes to everything else, the Predator 21 X goes completely bonkers with its specs, which include:
- Intel Core i7-7820HK processor (2.9GHz, overclockable)
- Two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs in SLI
- 21-inch (2560x1080) IPS curved display (2000R) with 120Hz refresh rate and G-SYNC
- 32GB DDR4 memory (64GB max via 4 slots)
- 1TB 7200RPM SATA HDD + 1TB SSD (up to four 512GB SSDs can be added in RAID-0)
- Dolby Audio with 4 speakers and dual subwoofers
- Cherry Mechanical MX Brown keyboard with backlit LED keys
Given all the potent hardware that is lurking within this hulking machine, you won’t be surprised to find no less than five system fans and nine heatpipes to keep temperatures in check. There’s also an 8-cell 6000 mAh lithium-ion battery to power the machine, but we have the feeling that you won’t want to stray too far away from a power outlet just to be on the safe side.
As we previously reported, the Predator 21 X has a starting price of $8,999, which puts it in an elite class of gaming notebooks. The market for such a device may be extremely limited, but we’re sure that there are more than enough people out there that would lay down the cash, justifying its development and existence.