Sure, dropping a grand on a television isn't chump change, but comparatively speaking, that's not bad for a big screen TV, especially one that supports a 4K resolution. In this case, that buys you Vizio's 50-inch P-Series TV with a 4K panel, LED backlighting, smart functionality, and more.
"Our P-Series collection offers an outstanding Ultra HD picture and performance," said Matt McRae, Chief Technology Officer, Vizio. "The shift towards 4K has left consumers demanding new solutions that deliver the right innovations to enhance their viewing experience. The P-Series Ultra HD line-up is benefited by Vizio’s number one position in the Smart TV marketplace, equipped with HEVC H.265 codec and 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi for faster streaming and the latest HDCP 2.2 support for playback of protected Ultra HD content. This combination of technologies leaves consumers with the solutions that matter most in an Ultra HD set."
If that's not big enough for you, Vizio's P Series comes in larger sizes, all the way up to 70 inches. Pricing (MSRP) for the P-Series breaks down as follows:
- Vizio 50-inch P-Series Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (P502ui-B1) $999.99
- Vizio 55-inch P-Series Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (P552ui-B2) $1,399.99
- Vizio 60-inch P-Series Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (P602ui-B3) $1,699.99
- Vizio 65-inch P-Series Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (P652ui-B2) $2,199.99
- Vizio 70-inch P-Series Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (P702ui-B3) $2,499.99
All of the above models are available to pre-order at Vizio's website and will roll out "soon" to stores and e-tailers.