In the ever-changing world of streaming music, Slacker has made a name for itself. And that name is getting bigger. Since re-launching in February, the music service has revealed its latest audience growth figures, adding over six million new users in that span. Here are a few tidbits from the company.
Since mid-February, new users are coming, they're listening longer, and they're subscribing:Slacker is the only digital music service that has billing and distribution deals with every major North American wireless provider, including Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and U.S. Cellular. In addition, Slacker is available in vehicles produced by major automotive manufacturers including Ford, GM, Chrysler Group, Acura, Honda, Scion, Subaru and Tesla. By tapping into those existing ecosystems, it has a chance to gain steam in a major way. And by the looks it, it's well on the way.
· More than six million new listeners joined, with 3.5 million on mobile
· People have increased average listening time by 25 percent
· Slacker is now installed on more than three times as many iOS devices
· Rocking the charts, Slacker is consistently ranked among the top three grossing apps on the App Store Top Grossing Chart
· More than 100,000 new paid subscribers have joined
"We're thrilled with the results of our relaunch; since mid-February millions of new people are tuning into Slacker, they're spending more time listening, and our paid subscriber base is growing fast," said Jim Cady, CEO of Slacker. "And with our proven business model, Slacker is the only digital music service that is gross margin positive on every listener – whether they're ad-supported or a paid subscriber."