MSI's FX600 Notebook Lands on U.S. Shores
's 15.6-inch FX600 has finally sailed into port here in the U.S., bringing with it a high-end THX sound system, a checkered exterior with anti-fingerprint coating, a textured multi-touch touchpad, and other cargo quickly becoming standard features on MSI notebooks.
"With the FX600 standing out amongst the competition this season, those in the market for an all around notebook now have a whole new package to consider," said Andy Tung, vice president of sales, MSI North America. "The FX600 delivers the combination of power, entertainment, and productivity in a handsome looking design."
That "perfect combination" MSI speaks of consists of an Intel Core i5 450M processor clocked at 2.66GHz, Nvidia GeForce GT 325M graphics, 4GB of DDR3 memory, 500GB SATA hard drive, DVD burner, LAN, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, two USB 2.0 ports, 4-in-1 card reader, 720p HD webcam, VGA port, four speakers, and a 6-cell battery.
Like most of MSI's modern notebooks, the FX600 comes equipped with the company's Turbo Drive Engine (TDE) technology, providing a quick and easy boost to CPU performance with the touch of a button. Nvidia
technology is also part of the package, which automatically switches back and forth between the integrated video (surfing the Web, working in Word, etc) and Nvidia's discrete graphics chip (gaming, rendering, etc).
The FX600 is available now at places like Newegg
, and more for $800 shipped.
MSI’s New FX600 Notebook Combines World-Class Sound from THX with Performance and Style
15.6” Notebook Provides Dependable Entertainment and Productivity in a High Style Form Factor
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MSI Computer Corp., a leading manufacturer of computer hardware products and solutions, today announced the North American availability of its new 15.6” FX600 notebook, designed for people who want the best in entertainment and productivity.
“With the FX600 standing out amongst the competition this season, those in the market for an all around notebook now have a whole new package to consider”
The FX600 features the powerful Intel® Core™ i5 processor with MSI’s own Turbo Drive Engine (TDE) technology, to deliver a powerful multimedia experience supported by collaboration with internationally renowned sound system expert THX.
Equipped with MSI’s GPU Boost technology and a high-end NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT 325M discrete graphics card (1GB display memory), the FX600 automatically switches between the integrated and discrete GeForce GPU and ensures superior sound and visuals to make the most of the user’s multimedia experience.
“With the FX600 standing out amongst the competition this season, those in the market for an all around notebook now have a whole new package to consider,” said Andy Tung, vice president of sales, MSI North America. “The FX600 delivers the right combination of power, entertainment and productivity in a handsome looking design.”
FX600 product highlights include:
- Better and faster performance: MSI’s FX600 comes with Intel’s Core i5 processor which offers better performance while consuming less power. Plus, the Intel Turbo Boost and Intel Hyper-Threading technology deliver dynamic performance adjustment technology to handle more data, while vastly enhancing overall system performance.
- Smart surround sound: MSI and THX, the world leader in sound design technology, collaborated to incorporate professional, theater-grade THX smart surround sound into the FX600 notebook. MSI’s Smart Volume and Surround technology ensures crisp, clean sound for music and movies.
- TDE technology: MSI’s own Turbo Drive Engine technology enables the FX600 to instantly throttle up performance with one touch of the hotkey to process high load applications without bogging down.
- GPU Boost technology: The FX600 comes with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 325M discrete graphics card with 1GB GDDR3 of display memory for high performance. Plus, when your system needs extra processing power, MSI’s GPU Boost technology automatically switches to discrete graphics card mode for superior, true-to-life multimedia enjoyment. And when performing general word processing tasks or browsing the Internet, it automatically cuts to the power-sipping integrated graphics chip mode.
- Cinema Pro technology: MSI’s FX600 features powerful multimedia processing and MSI’s own Cinema Pro technology for optimal graphics. A touch of the Cinema Pro hotkey instantly kicks in the film mode for higher resolution and richer colors to maximize the cinematic experience.
- Built-in HD Webcam: Guaranteeing truly clear and smooth video and picture quality, along with exceptional audio effects, the FX600’s built-in Webcam offers 720p high-definition (HD) video quality. While Webcams typically only offer 8fps (continuous frames per second), the FX600 produces 30fps, which allows for smooth, natural progression without jerkiness. The 16:9 HD wide-screen video display can be used with all kinds of social networking media, offering optimum high-quality video communication and production of HD videos.
- Fusing style and technology: Characterizing MSI’s mantra of “insist on the best,” MSI crafted the FX600 with jet black 3D totem seal coating to prevent scratching, wear and peeling. The unique chiclet keyboard, raised multi-point touchpad, and brushed finish metal hotkey area underscore MSI’s quality engineering that merge aspects of art, fashion and technology.
The FX600 (MSRP 899.99) will be available for purchase from Newegg.com, J&R, TigerDirect.com and NCIX.com.
For more information, including a complete list of specs, please visit http://www.msimobile.com/level3_productpage.aspx?cid=6&id=252.
About MSI Notebook
Based in City of Industry Calif., MSI Notebook manufactures and sells a wide array of mobile computing products. Its product lines include the highly-praised G-Series gaming notebooks, the award-winning and ultra-portable U-Series, the ultra-slim and ultra-portable X-Series, the classic and affordable C-Series, and the newest addition to MSI Notebook, the F-series. Each product line is designed with the latest technology to meet a specific set of needs for the various classifications of mobile users. To learn more about MSI Notebook’s complete offerings, please visit www.msimobile.com.