Eurocom is adding the new MXM 3.0b NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M GPU to its line of available GPUs. The GTX 560M card will be available in single and dual (SLI) configurations. Thanks to the modular MXM graphics cards, users will be able to upgrade to newer video cards when they become available without having to buy a new system. MXM 3.0b technology also makes it possible for Eurocom to offer a number of video cards for each system. Three models from Eurocom—the Panther 3.0, Neptune, and Racer—will support the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M.
Eurocom adds NVIDIA's MXM 3.0b GeForce GTX 560M to
its line of Upgradeable Performance Notebooks
Eurocom Corporation (www.eurocom.com), a leading developer of long lifespan, fully upgradable notebooks, high performance mobile workstations and mobile servers is adding the new MXM 3.0b NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560M GPU to its line of available Graphics Processing products. The addition of the GTX 560M card in single and dual (SLI) configurations gives Eurocom customers a complete choice of video processor options to fit any requirement, whether it be to upgrade their existing notebook or configure into their new Eurocom system. Eurocom has been a leader in integrating MXM technology into systems since its creation, in fact Eurocom introduced upgradeable / modular VGA in 1999, predating MXM specifications - in the 3300A and 3500 models.
Eurocom offers a complete line of fully configurable Performance Notebooks, Mobile Workstations and Mobile Servers; from VGA to storage, from RAM to Processor, everything can be configured to the application and performance requirements of the individual user. With this new GPU Eurocom adds another option to its long line up of VGA products.
About MXM Technology
MXM, Mobile PCI-Express Module, is a connection standard for Modular VGA technology in laptops, small form factor PC’s and embedded systems. In 2004, NVIDIA announced the Mobile PCI Express Module Specification (MXM) now widely accepted as standard Modular VGA solution by major notebook manufacturers and/or GPU developers. Presently MXM technology is supported by both AMD and NVIDIA.
MXM covers the mechanical, electrical, thermal, and software interface including the connector. A 16 lane bus is utilized to connect the GPU and the computers main board. The goal behind creating the MXM standard was to have a non-proprietary, modular, industry standard socket, enabling easy upgrade of the graphics processor in a laptop or small factor PC and allowing customers to extend the lifespan of their equipment.
Eurocom introduced MXM technology into its products in early 2004 allowing all of its customers to experience "Freedom to Upgrade, anytime."
First Generation from 2004 - 2008
- MXM-I, 70mm width, 68mm length, 230 pins, Optimized for 18W
- MXM-ll, 73MM width, 78mm length, 230 pins, Optimized for 25W
- MXM-lll(HE), 82mm width, 100mm length, 230(232) pins, Optimized for 35 W
- MXM-lV, 82mm width, 117mm length, 230(232) pins,
Second Generation - since 2008
- MXM 3.0-A, 82mm width, 70mm length, Optimized for 35W
- MXM 3.0-B, 82mm width, 105mm length, Optimized for 75W
Benefits of MXM technology
The benefits of utilizing modular MXM graphics cards in mobile computer platforms are great. Upgradeability had been a philosophy of Eurocom since 1989, Eurocom notebooks utilize MXM technology to allow the systems to be upgraded to newer video cards when they become available without having to buy an entire system.
“Thanks to Modular MXM technology Eurocom Notebooks have supported three generations of NVIDIA’s graphics processors from GTX 285M to GTX 460M and now GTX 560M. We have clients that have experienced very long life spans for their notebooks because of this, many of them upgrading their notebooks themselves, it’s that easy in a Eurocom system” explains Mark Bialic, President of Eurocom.
MXM 3.0b technology allows Eurocom to offer a long list of video cards for each system. End users will see a wider selection of graphics options, and faster time-to-market for new GPU hardware across the market.
MXM is designed with the future in mind. It is planned to have a long multi year lifespan with support for complex display configurations.
MXM3.0 offers improved boot times, advanced thermal control capability and simplification of graphics module assembly within systems.
About NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560M
The newest offering from NVIDIA, Geforce GTX 560M supports NVIDIA 3D Vision™ technology, NVIDIA PhysX® technology, NVIDIA CUDA® architecture, for GPU computing applications GTX GPUs also support NVIDIA SLI™ technology, and are also supported by the highly-praised NVIDIA Verde™ notebook drivers. GeForce GTX 560M GPUs offer even more performance-per-watt than the previous generation, with faster frame rates and more detail with the same battery life.
GPU Engine Specs
- CUDA Cores: 192
- Processor Clock: 1550
- Texture Fill Rate: 24.8
- Memory Clock: 1250
- Memory Interface: GDDR5
- Memory Interface Width: Up to 192 bit
- Memory Bandwidth: Up to 60 GB/sec
- Microsoft DirectX: 11
- OpenGL: 4.1
- Bus Support: PCI-E 2.0
- Certified for Windows 7: Yes
- Supported Technologies: DirectX 11, CUDA, PhysX, Optimus, 3D Vision
- SLI Options: 2 way
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready: Yes
- Maximum Digital Resolution: 2560x1600
- Maximum VGA resolution: 2048x1536
VGA options offered by Eurocom
Eurocom offers a complete line of fully upgradable MXM 3.0b VGA modules allowing customers to upgrade to newer VGA technology, improve video performance and /or extend their notebook's lifespan.
Listing of currently available VGA options
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M; 192 CUDA cores, MXM 3.0b, 1.5GB GDDR5
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M; 384 CUDA cores; 256-bit; 598 Gigaflops; MXM 3.0b ; 2GB GDDR5
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M; 352 CUDA cores; 598 Gigaflops; MXM 3.0b ; 2GB GDDR5
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470M; 288 CUDA cores; MXM 3.0b; 1.5GB GDDR5
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M; 192 CUDA cores; MXM 3.0b ; 1.5GB GDDR5
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285M; MXM 3.0b ; 1GB GDDR3
AMD Mobility Radeon
- AMD Radeon HD6970M; 256-bit; 960 Stream Processors; MXM 3.0b; 2GB GDDR5;
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD5870; DVI-DL; 800 Stream Processors; 40nm; MXM 3.0b; 1GB GDDR5;
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800M; 128 CUDA Cores; MXM 3.0b ; 1GB GDDR5;
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M; 96 CUDA Cores; MXM 3.0b ; 1GB GDDR3;
Eurocom Models Supporting NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560M
EUROCOM Panther 3.0- http://web.eurocom.com/EC/ec_model_config1(1,221,0)
- Supporting single and Dual (CrossfireX, SLI) configuration. The Panther 3.0 is fully configurable, making it a triple threat notebook, it can be an Engineering Grade Mobile Workstation, Super Powerful Gaming System or Mobile Server.
EUROCOM Neptune- http://web.eurocom.com/EC/ec_model_config1(1,218,0)
- Supporting single video card configuration. The EUROCOM Neptune is a 17” inch fully configurable system based on Intel’s new Sandy Bridge architecture. Support for up to 32GB of RAM and up to 3 hard drives separate the Neptune from the rest of the Notebook pack.
EUROCOM Racer- http://web.eurocom.com/EC/ec_model_config1(1,219,0)
- Supporting single video card configuration. This 15.6” inch Racer is fully configurable, is based on Intel’s Sandy Bridge architecture. The Racer is currently the most powerful 15.6” notebook available.