AMD Ryzen Threadripper, Ryzen 7, And Ryzen 5 Get Massive Discounts With Amazon Pre-Black Friday Blowout
Well, Amazon is back with another round of discounts on the Threadripper family, and the deals are even better this time around. If you're looking for a HEDT processor with plenty of cores to keep your applications humming, it'll be hard to pass up these savings:
- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X ($999 MSRP) -- $799
- Ryzen Threadripper 1920X ($799 MSRP) -- $549
- Ryzen Threadripper 1900X ($549 MSRP) -- $449
The Threadripper 1950X is discounted a whopping $200, making it incredibly attractive at the $799 price point. The discounts scale down with the three-SKU family, with the Threadripper 1920X falling $150 from $799 to $649. Likewise, the Threadripper 1900X falls $100 from $549 to $449.
Just for comparisons sake -- at least with respect to the 16 core, 32-thread Threadripper 1950X -- the rival Intel Core i9-7960X (16 cores, 32 threads) is priced at a whopping $1,700 compared to $799. I don't know about you, but I can think of a lot better ways to spend the $900 spread between those two processors.
But Amazon doesn't stop there. If you don't need an insane number of cores to handle your everyday tasks, Amazon has also some heft discounts on the Ryzen 7 family:
- Ryzen 7 1800X (MSRP $449) -- $319.99
- Ryzen 7 1700X (MSRP $399) -- $279.99
- Ryzen 7 1700 (MSRP $329) -- $269.99
And if you are just looking to power a decent mainstream rig and don't want to bust your budget, there are discounts to be had on the Ryzen 5 family as well:
- Ryzen 5 1600X (MSRP $239) -- $199.99
- Ryzen 5 1600 (MSRP $219) -- $189.99
- Ryzen 5 1500X (MSRP $189) -- $164.99
- Ryzen 5 1400 (MSRP $169) -- $147.78
Needless to say, these are some great discounts across the board on AMD's Zen-based processors. We don't know how long these discounts will stick around, so we'd suggest that you jump sooner rather than later if you want in on the action.