NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Preview
In addition to the flagship nForce 680i SLI being launched today, NVIDIA is announcing two other members of the nForce 600i family of chipsets - the nForce 650i SLI and 650i Ultra.
As you can see in the chart above, all of the members of the nForce 600i family of chipsets have a few features in common, like support for nTune and MediaShield, but it's the 680i SLI that's outfitted with the lion's share of capability. The 680i SLI is equipped with 28 more PCI Exress lanes, more USB ports, more SATA ports, and it also supports DualNet, FirstPacket, LinkBoost, and higher-clocked EPP compatible memory.
Each of the chipsets are targeted at a different audience though, and as such they'll hit at different price points. Motherboards based on the nForce 680i SLI chipset will likley sell in the $249 to $299 range, 650i SLI motherboards in the $149 to $199 range, and 650i Ultra boards in the $99 to $149. All of NVIDIA's partners are expected to release motherboards based on the nForce 600i family of chipsets in the coming weeks and months.
- GTA V PC Performance, 4K And 3 GeForces19
- AMD Details High Bandwidth Memory (HBM)...15
- GM Is Ready To Kick Some Mustang Ass...10
- Insane Apple Accessory Pricing Continues...9
- ASUS Intel Atom-Powered ZenFone 2 Hits...9
- Blizzard Puts Over 100,000 Cheaters On...9
- Microsoft Grabs Reigns On Windows 10...8
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...384k
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...373k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...358k
- Intel SSD 750 Series NVMe PCI Express...297k
- Alienware Area-51: Triad, Tri-SLI GTX...182k
- Asus Zenbook UX305 Ultrabook Review:...166k
- HP Spectre X360 Ultrabook Review: Sleek,...166k