Latest News - July 2015
- NVIDIA Shakes Its Flowing Mane With Life-Like HairWorks 1.1 Demo
- Republic Wireless Abandons Unlimited Data, Adopts Project Fi-Like Refund Model
- AMD Releases Statement Addressing Fury X Pump Noise
- BBC Reveals Production Micro Bit Computer, Hopes To Inspire One Million Kid Coders
- 38% Off Lenovo K450e Core i7-4790 Desktops, Polaroid 55” 4K HDTVs For $499 And More
- Predator Slashes His Way Into Mortal Kombat X Starting Today
- CEO Pete Lau Confirms OnePlus 2 Flagship Smartphone Will Be Priced Below $450
- Microsoft Rebrands Xbox Music To Groove Ahead Of Windows 10 Launch
- Google Self-Driving Cars Face New Environmental Challenges In Austin, Texas
- Spurs Forward Matt Bonner Blames 'Way Bigger' iPhone For Trashing His Three-Point Shooting Percentage
- Tons Of Drones On Sale In The HotHardware Shop
- Samsung Forecasts 4 Percent Profit Decline Following Galaxy S6, S6 Edge Debut
- Beam Me Up, Scotty! Real Life Star Trek Communicator Pairs With Your Smartphone
- AMD Reports Bleak Second Quarter Outlook, Sagging PC Demand, Trading On Shares Halted
All News for July 2015
This is far and away the most thought we’ve ever given to a wig on a manikin, but after you see Nvidia’s latest YouTube clip, you’ll understand why we’re so excited. The video is of Nvidia HairWorks 1.1, a simulation and rendering tool for creating... Read more...
When Google first announced its Project Fi wireless service in late April, one of the headlining features allowed customers to receive refunds for unused data. For example, Google charges $10 per gigabyte of data that you add to your plan; so if you... Read more...
For a number of reasons, the launch of AMD's latest high-end graphics card, the Radeon Fury X, didn't go quite as smoothly as the company (or any company, for that matter) would have liked. As we discovered in our review, the card is largely... Read more...
Move over Raspberry Pi, there’s a new micro computer in town, and it’s geared [for now] primarily at British schoolchildren. We first brought you news about the Micro:bit in early March as a part of the BBC’s “Make it Digital” campaign. At the time... Read more...
Welcome back for the latest edition of HOT deals, direct from our friends at TechBargains. On the menu for you all today, we have deals on a Lenovo K450e Intel Core i7-4790 based desktop system, an ASUS Transformer Book T300 Chi, a Samsung... Read more...
At long last, you and your friends can finally settle the debate of who would win in a fight, Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th fame or the Predator, a ruthless extraterrestrial that's physically intimidating, skilled at hunting, and has access to... Read more...
Give the OnePlus team credit, it knows how to hype a product launch and create buzz. It's an art that companies like Apple have mastered, and while OnePlus is not on the same playing field as Tim Cook and company, both are really good at getting... Read more...
Microsoft announced name changes for its Xbox music and video features this week as part of its overall effort to create a familiar experience for users across all devices when Windows 10 launches. The Xbox Music app will become Groove, while Xbox... Read more...
Google this week confirmed plans to take its autonomous car project into new territory to see how its self-driving cars handle and react to different challenges than the ones they've already been exposed to. The new location is Austin, Texas, an... Read more...
Spurs Forward Matt Bonner Blames 'Way Bigger' iPhone For Trashing His Three-Point Shooting Percentage
For most of his professional career, NBA player Matt Bonner has donned a San Antonio Spurs uniform. Including his first two seasons with the Toronto Raptors, Bonner's been a reliable shooter, hitting... Read more...
If you’ve been toying with the idea of buying a drone, our latest round-up of sales from the HotHardware Shop may be right up you alley. We’ve got an assortment of drones, ranging from tiny nano-drones to the beefy DJI Phantom 2, heavily discounted... Read more...
The mobile business is a brutal one, even for a tech giant like Samsung. On Tuesday, the South Korean handset maker announced its earnings guidance for the second quarter of 2015, forecasting an operating profit of 6.9 trillion won (around $6.1... Read more...
If you’re a fan of Star Trek (and what true techie isn’t?), The Wand Company has just announced what could possibly be one of the greatest smartphone accessories that we’ve seen in quite some time. The company has built a true-to-life Communicator —... Read more...
As if AMD’s Q1 financial performance wasn’t bad enough, the company’s revised Q2 guidance is actually worse than expected. The company originally forecast a 3 percent sequential drop in quarterly revenue (the company added a +/- 3 percent margin or... Read more...