Latest News - July 2015
- Square Enix Apologizes For Crappy Final Fantasy XIV Mac Port, Pulls Game From Shelves
- Dell PowerEdge Server Starting $259, Lenovo Y40 Flagship Gaming Laptop Just $849 And More
- Samsung, Oppo Face Chinese Lawsuit Over Pre-Installed Smartphone Bloatware
- BlackBerry ‘Venice’ Android Slider Smartphone Leaked, Heading To AT&T
- Foxconn Leak Suggests iPhone 6S With 12MP Camera, 2GB RAM, Pink Option
- reddit Mods Revolt Following Controversial Firing Of AMA Coordinator Victoria Taylor
- Casio Throwing Its Hat Into Burgeoning Smartwatch Market Early Next Year
- MasterCard Will Soon Let You Authenticate Purchases By Taking A Glorious Selfie
- Chevy Gives Your Smartphone Its Own ‘Chilled’ Crib For Wireless Recharging
- Sprint CEO Claure’s Tirade Against T-Mobile Only Emboldens Legere’s Bravado
- Prototype SNES/PlayStation Hybrid Console Is A Blast From Early 90s Past
- Two And A Half Geeks: AMD Radeon Fury X, Batman: Arkham Knight, MS Surface 3, Surface Hub, Dell Inspiron 13 7000 And More
- Microsoft Hits ‘Faster Fast Ring’ With Third Windows 10 Insider Preview Release This Week
- Plex Forums Hacked, Ransom Demanded For Stolen Login Credentials
All News for July 2015
Mac users unhappy with the problem-riddled launch of Final Fantasy XIV are eligible for a full refund, Square Enix director Naoki Yoshida said today in an official post to gamers. He also announced that the title is being yanked from store shelves... Read more...
It’s just about time to kick off the holiday weekend, but not before we server up the latest batch of HOT deals, direct from our friends at TechBargains. On tap for you all this find Friday, we have deal on a Dell PowerEdge T110 II server, a Lenovo... Read more...
Bloatware, Bloatware, Bloatware! We all hate bloatware. And with the exception of a few companies like Apple, Motorola, and Google (with its Nexus devices) there aren’t many ways to avoid factory- or carrier-installed bloatware without rooting a... Read more...
Let’s be honest here, BlackBerry 10 isn’t exactly a vibrant, thriving operating system. BlackBerry has less than one percent smartphone market share and simply can’t compete these days with the flashy iOS flagship smartphones coming out of the... Read more...
A couple of new supply chain rumors are floating around that revolve around the next Apple Watch, and also the iteration to the iPhone 6. On the watch front, it seems Apple is most concerned this go around with improving battery-life more than it is... Read more...
It's been quite a month for reddit, and not in a way that paints a pretty picture for the site's future. For months now, many vocal users of reddit have discussed their distaste with the site, especially following the arrival of new CEO Ellen Pao... Read more...
As smartphones became increasingly popular, the market for wrist watches took a nosedive. The irony is that smartphone makers are now focusing their attention on making wrist watches vogue again, and their strategy is to build smart functionality... Read more...
The next time you see someone taking a selfie, it may not be because they're getting ready to post their mug on Facebook or Instagram; they might be authorizing an online transaction. Say what now? Believe it or not, MasterCard is going to pilot a... Read more...
Nobody likes it when their smartphone gets hot. High thermals can lead to processor throttling and reduced battery life, and while most phones have built-in mechanisms to prevent the latter, they can cause the phone to pause charging or even turn... Read more...
Sometimes it's better not to take the bait and get sucked into an Internet fight. Sprint boss Marcelo Claure is learning that the hard way after being drawn into battle with T-Mobile CEO John Legere on what can be considered his home field --... Read more...
Pictures of a hybrid game console consisting of a Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) outfitted with a CD-ROM peripheral built by Sony are making the rounds on the web, but before we get into that, let's backtrack a few decades and discuss... Read more...
Two And A Half Geeks: AMD Radeon Fury X, Batman: Arkham Knight, MS Surface 3, Surface Hub, Dell Inspiron 13 7000 And More
In this latest episode of HotHardware’s Two and a Half Geeks, Dave, Paul, and Marco talk about AMD’s recently released Radeon R9 300 series and Fury X graphics cards, the much-maligned Batman: Arkham... Read more...
Microsoft is really on the ball, and we can’t say that we blame them — Windows 10 is going to be the biggest operating system release of the year and there is a lot of pent-up demand for successor to Windows 8.1. Earlier this week, Microsoft... Read more...
The developers behind the uber-popular Plex media center software have revealed that their databases have been breached, and of course, that means just one thing: you might have a password or two to change. In an email sent to affected users... Read more...