Systemax Wildcat AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 SLI Gaming PC
The Systemax ATX gaming case that houses the Wildcat's components is clean and attractive. The front bezel has a door to mask the front components while the side window panel offers a view into the Wildcat's interior. When the front door of the bezel is accessed, two DVD drives are revealed as well as a floppy drive. In the bay below the DVD drives is a switch that controls two blue cathodes. One minor issue is the switch operates in reverse of typical lighting, toggling the switch down powers the lights on while toggling up turns them off.
On the front right side of the case are several convenient inputs/outputs such as two USB ports, one FireWire port, and Microphone and Headphone jacks. Also note the three 80mm case fans that are dedicated to cooling the Wildcat's side mounted internal hard drives while a fourth is added to the window of the case.
The rear of the Wildcat reveals the unit's remaining inputs/outputs as well as other options. This is where we get our first glimpse of the Ultra X2 Connect 550w PSU as well as the beefy 120mm illuminated chassis fan. The ATX connections are all common fare, including four USB 2.0 ports, integrated 8.1 channel Audio, PS/2 and LPT1 ports and Dual Gigabit RJ-45 ports. One uncommon item in the port collection is an eSATA port for easily connecting an external SATA drive.
When we say this machine is blue, we mean it -- very literally. Not only is the case blue, but all of the fans, the keyboard, the mouse and the cathodes emit the same blue color. While difficult to capture in pictures, the example images above give a good idea of how the system can bathe a room in cool blue light.
- GTA V PC Performance, 4K And 3 GeForces19
- AMD Details High Bandwidth Memory (HBM)...15
- GM Is Ready To Kick Some Mustang Ass...10
- Insane Apple Accessory Pricing Continues...9
- ASUS Intel Atom-Powered ZenFone 2 Hits...9
- Blizzard Puts Over 100,000 Cheaters On...9
- Microsoft Grabs Reigns On Windows 10...8
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...384k
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...373k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...358k
- Intel SSD 750 Series NVMe PCI Express...297k
- Alienware Area-51: Triad, Tri-SLI GTX...182k
- Asus Zenbook UX305 Ultrabook Review:...166k
- HP Spectre X360 Ultrabook Review: Sleek,...166k