Verizon Wireless And Motorola Introduce Entry-level CITRUS Smartphone
Verizon Wireless and Motorola announced the Motorola CITRUS smartphone. This handset runs on Android 2.1 and targets new smartphone users. One of the more unique features of the CITRUS is called BACKTRACK, which provides a touch panel on the back of the device that can be used to navigate and scroll through websites, home screens, e-mails, music and more without obstructing the display. The Motorola CITRUS will be available in the fourth quarter.
Verizon Wireless And Motorola Unveil Motorola CITRUS
Designed Specifically for New Smartphone Users, this Full Touch, Android-Powered Smartphone Comes Compact and Fully Loaded
10/05/2010 - SAN FRANCISCO, CA — From CTIA Enterprise & Applications™ 2010, Verizon Wireless, the company with the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless 3G network, and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today unveiled Motorola CITRUS™. Powered by Android™ 2.1, Motorola CITRUS delivers an affordable, entry-level, customizable smartphone experience in a compact design that is easy on both the eyes and the earth.
Key features and specifications:
- Curved design
- Easy-to-use, on-screen QWERTY keyboard (available in landscape and portrait modes) for quick messaging
- Full HTML Web browser – Preloaded with Bing Search and Bing Maps and delivers a PC-like Web browsing experience with quick access to Web apps and services such as Facebook®; Google services such as Gmail™, Google Talk™ and YouTube™
- Equipped with BACKTRACK™, a touch panel located on the back of the device that enables users to navigate and scroll through websites, home screens, e-mails, music and more without obstructing the display
- Full capacitive touch screen display delivers fluid flick, swipe and pinch-to-zoom navigation
- Seven home screen panels that can be tailored with an array of available shortcuts; applications; and pre-loaded widgets such as sticky notes, weather, messages and calendar
- Android Market™ – Choose from thousands of downloadable apps, many of which are free
- CITRUS has a housing made from 25 percent post-consumer recycled plastic, is certified CarbonFree® through an alliance with Carbonfund.org, and is PVC and BFR free. The packaging is made from 80 percent post-consumer recycled paper, and the user manual is made using 100 percent recycled paper and soy-based ink.
Pricing and availability:
- Motorola CITRUS will be available at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in Q4 2010.
- For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.