For those of you who like to shake that money maker (and other parts of your body), the countdown begins now. On November 4, 2010, Microsoft
will launch its motion-controlled Kinect
platform for the Xbox 360
game console, along with 17 controller-free games on or around launch day to get you started.
The Kinect is poised to be an uber popular item this holiday shopping season, with pre-orders selling out fast. If you're hoping to score a Kinect on the day of release and don't have a pre-order, you better arrive early at your favorite retailer -- units will begin selling at midnight on launch day and probably won't last long.
"The very first time we saw Kinect, we knew it would be a 'must have' item for the holiday season," said Richard Barry, vice president, general merchandise manager, Toys R Us. "There is no better place in in the world to introduce innovative new products than Toys R Us, and we are excited about the full day of activities planned in New York City, building up to the much anticipated sale of the first Kinect sensor at our flagship store in Times Square."
But enough pre-release hype, let's take a look at the games Microsoft has on tap:
- Kinect Adventures (included with every Kinect sensor), Nov. 4
- Kinectimals ($50-$60), Nov. 18
- Game Party: In Motion: $40, Nov. 16
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved, $50, Nov. 4
- Dance Central, $50, Nov. 4
- The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout, $50, Nov. 4
- DanceMasters, $50, Nov. 4
- EA Sports Active 2, $100, Nov. 16
- Zumba Fitness, $50, Nov. 18
- Kinect Sports, $50, Nov. 4
- MotionSports, $50, Nov 4
- Deca Sports Freedon, Price TBA, Holiday 2010
- Kinect Joy Ride, $50, Nov. 4
- Adrenalin Misfits, $50, Nov. 4
- Fighters Uncaged, $50, Nov. 4
- Sonic Free Riders, $50, Nov. 4
Anyone have their pre-order in already, or otherwise plan on picking up a Kinect?