4-Way SSD Round-Up Redux: OCZ, Corsair, PhotoFast
As the "P64" in this drive's product name implies, Corsair's P64 features a 64GB total capacity. And as is the case with all of the other SSDs features here it has SATA 3.0Gb/s connectivity and a heavy-duty aluminum enclosure as well.
With the P64 disassembled, you can see the PCB and Samsung S3C29RBB01-YK40 controller used in the drive as well as its 128MB of on-board cache memory. Samsung MLC flash memory is also used in the drive, with six chips situated on the underside of the PCB and two soldered right on top.
Expansion / Connectivity
Corsair's specifcations for the P64 claim sequential read and write speeds of 220MB/s and 120MB/s, respectively, with max shock resistance of 1500G and a mean time before failure (MTBF) of over 1 million hours.
- Ditching My iPhone For The Samsung...61
- HotHardware And Syber Spring Fling...39
- Watch Tesla’s 691hp Model S P85D Going...11
- Square Enix Witch Chapter Real-Time CG...10
- Xbox Founder Believes PlayStation 4 Will...9
- 83-Year-Old Man Hit With $24,000 Charge...9
- Windows 10 Marks Official Death Of Media...9
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...369k
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...365k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...351k
- Intel SSD 750 Series NVMe PCI Express...275k
- Alienware Area-51: Triad, Tri-SLI GTX...168k
- Asus Zenbook UX305 Ultrabook Review:...159k
- HP Spectre X360 Ultrabook Review: Sleek,...159k