If there's a need, someone will solve it. Apple
's iPad has created an
entirely new realm of accessories, wild ones that never existed before
this tablet came to market. The iKlip is a perfect example of this. It's
a device used for connecting your iPad
to a microphone stand. Who
would've ever thought that a tablet could be used to display sheet music
just a few years ago. Now, it's expected, and it's not that outrageous.
IK Multimedia has created the iKlip in order to help musicians and
singers keep a close eye on music or lyrics. It's built tough in Italy,
and has a multi-angle, adjustable design allows for optimal viewing and
access to all the iPad's controls, buttons and connection ports. It
supports landscape and portrait orientation, and honestly, we could see
this being scooped up by quite a few schools, churches and concert
IK Multimedia introduces iKlip™.
Take Your iPad On Stage With You.
The universal microphone stand adapter for iPad.
November 2010, Modena, Italy – IK Multimedia is proud to announce iKlip™: the universal microphone stand adapter for the iPad.
With the new iKlip iPad mounting accessory, musicians and presenters will be able to take their iPad with them on stage, in the studio or at school, making it easy to support and operate their favorite music and presentation apps on virtually any microphone stand.
The iKlip multi-angle, adjustable design allows for optimal viewing and access to all the iPad's controls, buttons and connection ports, and allows positioning of an iPad in both in landscape and portrait orientation. Its dense thermoplastic lightweight material ensures durability and secure holding of the iPad with most stand types. Its elegant "Made in Italy" compact and easy to assemble design guarantees a perfect sleek match with the iPad.
Now with iKlip, guitar and bass players, vocalists, keyboardists, DJs and any other musicians can use their favorite iPad apps during live performance, learning or training sessions, presentations or a multitude of other music applications.
· Sturdy, durable thermoplastic construction with six secure touch points holds the iPad without scratching or marring it
· Universal stand clip securely attaches to virtually any microphone stand
· Multi-angle adjustment allows precise positioning for optimal stage or studio viewing
· Quick-snap clips provide fast, secure iPad insertion
· Fast installation - iKlip installs on mic stand in seconds with the twist of a knob
· All controls, buttons and connectors are accessible when the iPad is clipped into iKlip
· Multi-mount design provides both landscape and portrait orientation of the iPad
· Can be mounted on the vertical part of a mic stand, or on a horizontal boom for limitless positioning
· Designed and manufactured in Italy
iKlip can be used for:
· Score viewing during musical performance and playback
· Learning tool – with tablature and score apps to learn songs and riffs
· Live playing and practicing with amp and effects app like AmpliTube for iPad
· Music creation with apps like GrooveMaker
· DJ'ing –mounts to tabletop stands as well as standard mic poles
· Karaoke or "play along" singing
· Viewing lyrics, notes, speeches, lessons, presentations and more
Pricing and availability
The iKlip will be shipping in December for only $39.99/€29.99 (exc. Taxes) from select IK Multimedia music and electronic retailers worldwide. Pre-orders are now available from the IK Multimedia online store at: www.ikmultimedia.net