Verizon and Apple pre-orders for the iPhone 4 on that CDMA network won't go live until Thursday, Feb. 3, but a slip-up at Apple's site on Wednesday showed off some details on plans, etc. Some of this information has been confirmed by Verizon, but nothing this detailed has shown up yet.
The ordering pages were taken down later, but here's what we now know:
All black models; the white iPhone
4 isn't appearing in conjunction with the Verizon launch. Models are MC676LL/A 16GB and MC678LL/A 32GB.
- 450 min/mo ($.45 / minute overage charge) $39.99/mo
- 900 min/mo w/unlimited to 5 selected people (Verizon's Friends and Family) ($.40 / minute overage charge) $59.99/mo
- Unlimited $69.99/mo
- Family Share plans, of course, are available.
- Unlimited $29.99/mo
- Unlimited iPhone + 2GB tethering and Hotspot 3G ($20/GB overage charge) $49.99/mo
- Pay-per-use $.20/text $.25/video/pic
- 250 messages/mo ($.10 ea over) $5/mo
- 500 messages/mo ($.10 ea over) $10/mo
- Unlimited $20/mo
Although many of these details were either assumed from other Verizon
smartphones, or known, it's nice to see them "in print," although they were taken down later. Obviously, it was just Apple getting ready for next week, and hopefully there will be no repercussions for the SNAFU.