Look, we love Twitter
as much as the next guy. So much so, in fact, that we have our own dedicated Twitter feed
! But shameless plugs aside, even we can't quite wrap our noodle around Peek's latest handheld.
Peek, a company known for producing e-mail only handhelds
that allow non-tech savvy individuals to stay connected to email on the go, has just issued the TwitterPeek, which does exactly what you'd think it would. It's designed to give users a handy look at their Twitter list, anytime, anywhere. But honestly, do you even need that?
The TwitterPeek is made to only look at Twitter. You can only send tweets, look at tweets and send/receive direct messages. Email? Nope. Calling? Nope. IM? Nope. Just Twitter. As we said--do you really want a device that only does Twitter? What happens when Twitter goes the way of MySpace? The device is priced at $99 including unlimited nationwide service for 6 months, while $199 gets you unlimited service for life. Call us crazy, but we can't see this selling too well.
Key features of TwitterPeek are:
- Unlimited tweets and direct messages
- Always-on instant tweet delivery
- Views links (as plain text) and Twitpic images
- Nationwide coverage. No wi-fi signal necessary.
- Full QWERTY keyboard, color screen, click scroll wheel
- 30-day money back guarantee
- 1-year manufacturers warranty
- $99 includes device plus 6 months of unlimited Twitter service ($7.95 per month for service thereafter)
- $199 includes unlimited Twitter service for lifetime of device
- No contracts