We remember being told growing up not to stare because it's rude and impolite, but we were never warned how difficult this one of many life's rules would prove to be. It's hard not to ogle over something as sleek and sexy as Toshiba
's Qosmio X770 laptop, and if the real deal ends up looking anything like the pictures, this particular Qosmio will just have to get used to it.
The X770 is the more powerful successor to the X500. Beauty in this case isn't only skin deep, but on the inside as well. Baseline specs include:
- 17.3-inch Full HD display (1920x1080) with optional Nvidia 3D Vision
- Intel Core i7 2630QM (2GHz, 2.9GHz Turbo Boost)
- 8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
- 1.25TB (Hybrid 500GB 7200RPM + 750GB 5400RPM)
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M graphics
- DVD burner (Blu-ray optional)
- 1 x USB 3.0, 3 x USB 2.0, HDMI, VGA
- 8-in-1 memory card reader
- Harman Kardon speakers
- HD webcam (3D optional)
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Not a bad starting point, or even finishing point as the case may be. Look for this one to ship in the next few weeks for starting at around $1,850.