"The portable music players caused pacemakers to malfunction in 50
percent of patients, according to the study by a Michigan high school
senior that was expected to be presented Thursday at the Heart Rhythm
Society's annual meeting, in Denver.
The biggest concern is that pacemakers store the history of a heart's
rhythms, said Jay Thaker, the Okemos High School student, who worked
with several doctors on the research. "If a physician was to go back
and look at that (history), the physician might think that the patient
was having abnormal heart rhythms," he added."
Holy unnecessary surgeries Batman! That kind of device induced
misjudgment could become the source of a lot of trouble. There's no
word yet on whether or not an official warning label might be applied
to iPod packaging.