Sprint To Sell Wi-Fi Only Motorola Xoom For $600 On May 8th
It'll ship on May 8th to all Sprint sales channels -- the question is, are you buying one?
First Tablet Built on Android 3.0, Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi, Available with Sprint on May 8 for $599.99
First device to feature Android software built specifically for use on a tablet, First Tablet Built on Android 3.0, Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi, Available with Sprint on May 8 for $599.99delivers a powerful multi-tasking experience, making it easy and fast to surf the Web, watch videos and play games with a PC-like experience
As the first device to feature Android™ 3.0 (Honeycomb), as well as a 10.1-inch widescreen HD display and 1GHz dual-core processor, Motorola XOOM™ Wi-Fi will be available from Sprint beginning on Sunday, May 8, for $599.99. Android 3.0 is the version of Android designed specifically for tablets and features innovations in widgets, multi-tasking, Web browsing, notifications and customization.
With a 1GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM and 10.1-inch widescreen HD display, Motorola XOOM delivers exceptionally fast Web browsing performance and supports a Beta of Adobe® Flash® Player 10.2, downloadable from Android Market™, enabling the delivery of Flash-based Web content, including videos, casual games and rich internet applications.
Motorola XOOM also features two cameras, a rear-facing 5-megapixel camera with flash that can capture HD video and a front-facing 2-megapixel camera for Google Talk™ with video chat. Motorola XOOM can also display content on any HDMI®-equipped HDTV (HDMI cable sold separately).
With its large touchscreen display, Motorola XOOM makes it easy to stay connected from anywhere using personal and Exchange corporate email. It also offers access to more than 3 million Google eBooks and apps from Android Market, making it an ideal e-reader.
Motorola XOOM also features the latest Google™ Mobile services including, Google Maps™ 5.0 with 3D interaction.
Additional key features include:
* Android Market for access to more than 150,000 useful applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
* Google mobile services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ with Navigation, Google Calendar, Voice Actions, and YouTube™
* Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®), personal (POP & IMAP) email and instant messaging
* Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR
* Integrated GPS
* 1GB internal RAM memory and 32GB onboard user memory
* Dimensions: 9.8 inches x 6.6 inches x 0.5 inches (249.1mm x 167.8mm x 12.7mm)
* Weight: 25.74 ounces (730 grams)
* 3250 mAh Lithium-ion battery
Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi will be available through Sprint Direct Ship sales channels, including Sprint Stores, Web sales (www.sprint.com), Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) and Sprint Business Sales, beginning on Sunday, May 8, for $599.99.