Digital added another member to the SSDNow
family with the SSDNow
V+200, a drive designed with speed in mind--fast startup, data access, and copying of files.
Equipped with SATA 6Gbps, a SandForce SF-2281 processor, and sequential read/write speeds up to 535MBps/480MBps, the SSDNow
V+200 is geared for businesses and consumers alike. Kingston sees these SSDs as having the ability to extend system lifecycles, which is a boon to enterprises and data centers.
V+200s are available as an upgrade kit (complete with the necessary accoutrements such as brackets, cables, software, and an enclosure) or as a standalone unit and comes in capacities of 60GB ($140), 90GB ($196), 120GB ($245), 240GB ($479) and 480GB ($970), with a three-year warranty to boot. The upgrade kit versions cost about $15 more, regardless of capacity.
Kingston Digital Ships High Performance SSD Upgrade Solution for Business and Consumer Use
Fountain Valley, CA -- January 19, 2012 -- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the latest addition to its SSDNow family, the SSDNow V+200. The new Kingston® SSDNow V+200 solid-state drives are the ideal high-performance upgrade solution for the performance minded yet cost-conscious business or home user.
The SSDNow V+200 features the second-generation high-speed SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s) SandForce® SF-2281 Processor and outstanding sequential read and write speeds of up to 535MB/s and 480MB/s. The SSDNow V+200 enables fast system start-up, rapid data access and speedy copying of large files such as videos, presentations and graphics illustrations.
?Kingston constantly strives to offer the perfect upgrade solution to cover each market segment. The SSDNow V+200 drive has been specifically designed to meet the needs of both business and home users looking for an inexpensive yet powerful upgrade, said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston.
The SSDNow V+200 is equipped with all essential tools needed to extend the lifecycle and boost a system's performance to the maximum. The balance between performance and price makes this SSD deliver the best ROI as an upgrade for a fleet of corporate notebooks or desktops or the home PC.
The SSDNow V+200 is available in 60GB, 90GB, 120GB, 240GB and 480GB capacities as either a stand-alone drive or as an upgrade kit to make installation easy and quick. Upgrade kits include cables, brackets, cloning software and HDD enclosure--everything the business or home user needs to get started.
Kingston SSDs are backed by a three-year warranty and 24/7 live technical support. For more information visit www.kingston.com
Kingston SSDNow V+200 Features & Specifications:
· Dramatic performance for any system upgrade
· Multiple Capacities: the right capacity to meet your storage standards
· Endurance: Data Integrity Protection featuring DuraClass Technology
· Dependable: RAISE for advanced data reliability
· Secure: Self-encrypting drive technology
· Durable: DuraWrite optimizes writes to extend endurance
· Form Factor: 2.5²
· Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s), SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s), SATA Rev. 1.0 (1.5Gb/s)s
· Capacities1: 60GB, 90GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB
· Sequential reads: SATA Rev. 3.0: 535MB/s
SATA Rev. 2.0: 280MB/s
· Sequential writes: SATA Rev. 3.0: 60GB ? 460MB/s; All Others ? 480MB/s
SATA Rev. 2.0: 260MB/s
· Sustained Random 4k Read/Write2
60GB ; 12,000/47,000 IOPS
90GB ; 20,000/47,000 IOPS
120GB ; 20,000/44,000 IOPS
240GB ; 36,000/43,000 IOPS
480GB ; 43,000/30,000 IOPS
Max Random 4k Read/Write2
60GB ; 85,000/60,000 IOPS
90GB ; 85,000/57,000 IOPS
120GB ; 85,000/55,000 IOPS
240GB ; 85,000/43,000 IOPS
480GB ; 75,000/34,000 IOPS
· Power Consumption: 0.565 W (TYP) Idle / 1.795 W (TYP) Read / 2.065 W (TYP) Write
· Storage Temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
· Operating Temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
· Weight: 115g
· Vibration Operating: 2.17G
· Vibration Non-operating: 20G
· MTBF: 1,000,000 Hrs
· Warranty/Support: three-year warranty with 24/7 support