Kingston Adds 12GB HyperX Kits for Intel Core i7, X58 Platforms

Kingston is now shipping 12GB HyperX 1600MHz memory kits for Core i7. With this latest addition, Kingston is filling out its family of HyperX offerings for the X58 platform. Since the kits come as six 2GB modules, there is limited motherboard support right now, but if you're looking for some high performance memory for a compatible motherboard, this might be just what you want.

Kingston Technology Ships 12GB HyperX Kits for Intel Core i7, X58 Platforms

Fountain Valley, CA -- November 16, 2009 -- Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is adding 12GB triple-channel HyperX® memory kits in support of Intel’s LGA1366 Core i7™ systems. The DDR3 XMP-ready kit consists of six 2GB modules running at 1600MHz and 1.65 volts.

The 12GB memory kit helps increase overall system performance in 64-bit operating systems. System builders and ultra enthusiasts who deploy 12GB of Kingston® triple-channel memory will find performance increases in such tasks as video encoding, processing large photo files, graphical rendering and extreme PC games.

The memory kit has been tested with great success on motherboards with six sockets such as the Gigabyte GA-X58-UD6 and Asus P6T Deluxe motherboards. Kingston HyperX memory is backed by a lifetime warranty and free 24/7 technical support. For detailed information please visit the Kingston Web site at www.kingston.com.

Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 12GB Triple-Channel Kit

Part Number

Capacity and Features

MSRP (U.S. only).

KHX1600C9D3K6/12GX

12GB 1600MHz (CL9-9-9-27 @ 1.65v)

DDR3 kit of 6 optimized for XMP

$ 413.00

Via:  Kingston
Comments
gibbersome 5 years ago

Nice, with the memory alone being $413, I would buy this if I had $3000+ to spend on a system.

acarzt 5 years ago

You can get Mushkin 6GB(3x2GB) with 9-9-9-24 timings for $185 on new egg. Buy 2 sets for $370. Cheaper AND better timings. Albeit only slightly better. BUT for $5 more per set of 6GB you can get 7-8-7-20 Timings. :-) That's the ram I have in my system and I can assure you, it is smoking fast!

mentaldisorder 5 years ago

[quote user="acarzt"]

The idea here is that you buy one item and you get everything.  Timings are one thing, but when it comes to overclocking, your rig can get owned by a computer with slower ram timings.  Additionally, you're comparing two brands together, that most likely use different ram chips than the other.

acarzt 5 years ago

Yea but the fact that these chips are stable at 7-8-7-20 Timings at 1600Mhz is likely to be capable of overclocking a lot higher than the one clocked stock at the same speed with slower timings.

Also HH even did an article comparing higher clocked sticks of ram with lower clocked ram with quicker timings. I think the quick timings was the preferred RAM. Either way, i'll stick with my quick timings :-)

bob_on_the_cob 5 years ago

When are we going to see more than 2GB sticks. I feel like we have been stuck there for years. Now we are adding 6 ram slots with the X58 so we can get more memory in are desktops.

realneil 5 years ago

I have 8 Gigs of this RAM in my i7 system and it's plenty fast, believe me.

acarzt 5 years ago

I have 6GB in my Core i7 System, but i'm running 32-bit Vista, so it only sees/uses 4GB. But actual system usage is only ever barely over 1GB and I don't think it ever sees over 2GB. I just wanted the triple channel Memory :-) And yes, my system is also plenty fast! :-D

mentaldisorder 5 years ago

Actually, windows 32bit can only use a little over 3gbs...