If you've been searching high and low for a PC enclosure lately, you've
probably been overwhelmed by the options. There are simply hundreds upon
hundreds of them, and it's often tough to discern which is actually
ideal for your needs. Then there's style and price, which always have to
be taken into consideration. Fractal Design has impressed us recently
with their latest case designs, and the new Core series is growing by
one with the launch of the Core 3000.
This mid-tower offers plenty of space and plenty of cooling options. You
can easily fit seven fans in here, and the upper HDD cage is removable
and rotatable. There's room for six 3.5" HDDs, tons of USB 2.0 ports,
seven expansion slots and support for even the largest of graphics
cards. The full list of specifications are below, but unfortunately a
price isn't included.
Launch of Fractal Design new case - Core 3000!
The new Fractal Design Core Series offers a unique combination of design, features, cooling performance and value.
The Core 3000 has plenty of cooling options, up to 7 fans of various sizes can be installed. The front panel is easily removable and pre-fitted with fan filters to ensure a dust free interior. The sleek black interior is matched and contrasted with white expansion slots and HDD trays. Similar to the Define Series, all the HDD trays are fitted with anti-vibration silicon grommets. The upper HDD cage is removable and rotatable, which enables support for even the longest graphic cards.
• Simple yet elegant front panel with mesh and filter
• Optimized for performance with multiple cooling options
• A total of 7(!) fan slots (1x 120mm + 1x 140mm in front, 2x 120/140mm in top, 1x 120mm in bottom,
1x 120mm in rear, 1x 120/140mm in side panel)
• Three fans included (1x 140mm in front, 1x 120mm in rear and 1x 140mm in top)
• 6x white painted HDD trays, with silicone mounting grommets
• Upper HDD cage is removable and rotatable
• Easily removable front panel with clip on fan slots
• 6x 3,5 inch HDD trays, compatible with SSD!
• 2x 5,25 inch bays, with 1x 5,25>3,5 inch converter included
• 4x USB 2.0 and Audio I/O – mounted on top of front panel
• Removable filter below PSU (PSU not included)
• M/B compatibility: Mini ITX, Micro ATX and ATX
• 7 expansion slots with sleek white painted brackets
• Supports graphic card lengths up to 270mm when removable HDD-Bay is in place
• Supports graphic card lengths up to 420mm without removable HDD-Bay
• Supports CPU coolers with height of 160mm
• Supports PSU’s with a depth of maximum circa 160mm, when using bottom 120mm fan location.
When not using the bottom 120mm fan location, the case supports also longer PSU’s, typically 250mm
• Case size (WxHxD): 200x430x480mm with front and top bezel in place
• Net weight: 7,1kg