If you've been reading here for any length of time, you'll know that we're big fans of mechanical keyboards. And now, one of the famous ones is making the move to Mac. Das Keyboard today introduced a new version of its award-winning Model S keyboard
designed to appeal to a fan base also known for its extreme loyalty - the Mac crowd. The company's new Das Keyboard Model S Professional for Mac is now available online for pre-ordering, and will be shipping by April 15. Available in the U.S. and Canada, the Model S Professional for Mac retails for $133. A 15% discount is currently available on all pre-orders for the newest member of the Das Keyboard family.
"Mac fans will appreciate the high-quality and sharp design of our Model S keyboard, especially now that it provides the features and functions that Mac loyalists are used to and expect from their peripheral devices," said Daniel Guermeur, creator of the Das Keyboard and CEO of Metadot Corporation. "Essentially, we've introduced the most advanced mechanical keyboard on the market designed specifically for Mac users."
Features in the Das Keyboard Model S Professional for Mac include:
- Gold-plated mechanical key switches designed to withstand 50 million strokes.
- Enhanced 104-key layout with special keys for quick access to common media player and computer functions.
- Command and Option keys, helping Mac users to feel right at home.
- Instant sleep function, enabling users to easily put their Mac to sleep and save energy during even the shortest of breaks.
- 6-key rollover, enabling users to enter - and the keyboard to recognize - 6 keys pressed simultaneously.
- Two-port, high-speed USB 2.0 hub for syncing and charging iPhone®, iPod®, iPad® and other USB devices.
- USB hub connected devices charge up to 5 times faster than with other keyboards.
- Extra-long USB cable (2m, 6.6 ft) that goes through desk grommets to keep workspaces neat and tidy.
- KVM switch compatible, so users can control more than one computer (Mac or PC) from their Das Keyboard.